APPLICATION SUPPORT DEVELOPER
- Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- Leith Wheeler Investment Counsel Ltd.
- 06 Dec 18
Leith Wheeler Investment Counsel Ltd. is an employee-owned investment counsel based in Vancouver. We manage over $19 billion of assets on behalf of pension, foundation, corporate and individual clients across Canada.
Leith Wheeler Investment Counsel Ltd. is offering the right candidate an opportunity to join our Firm, reporting directly to the CTO & Head of Investment Analytics. We are looking for a motivated individual familiar with the Canadian Investment environment and with a strong technical background who is assertive, project driven, detail oriented, a problem solver, and used to working within deadlines. The successful candidate will be expected to investigate, explore and implement new business initiatives required to take our Firm forward. This role will require the Candidate to work side by side with the portfolio managers, traders, compliance manager, research analysts and operational staff. The Candidate will be involved in product evaluation, project planning, business analysis, user training, system integration, tactical development and fixed income analytics.
- Monitor status and functionality of systems and applications. Investigate, identify and resolve user and application problems in a timely manner including coordinating vendor support.
- Assist in implementing patch releases, testing new software for business functionality, improving systems integration and creating/reviewing release notes.
- Assist new product development including data acquisition, integration and analytics.
- Develop, enhance and maintain in-house software solutions.
- Gather specifications and contribute to design for technical enhancements to our investment platform including core portfolio management, order management, unit holder, client relationship management and client reporting systems.
- 3+ years experience working with Python and relational database queries.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting effectively in a fast-pace, time-sensitive environment
- Experience in the financial services sector and working with market data with a background in equities, commodities, fixed income and options is a distinct advantage
- Familiarity with Latent Zero (Trading and Portfolio Management), Advent APX (Portfolio Accounting) and/or SalesForce is a plus.
- CFA a plus
- Additional developer/scripting experience such as VBA/Windows/.Net, C#/C++/Java, SSRS/SSIS, Django/Pandas/NumPy and/or Perl is a plus.
Thank you in advance for your interest. We regret that we can only respond to candidates selected for an interview.