PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Role Overview
Responsible for building relationships with Financial Advisors in Southwestern Ontario for the purposes of introducing and servicing PIMCO's full suite of Investment Strategies. Must possess superior consultative and relationship building skills and a thorough understanding of fixed income and alternative strategies. Preference will be given to candidates that currently hold relationships in the financial advisory channel. Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility is to drive sales to achieve and surpass net and gross sales and targeted activity goals on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Work with PIMCO management to formulate, execute and accomplish a territory business plan that adheres to the guiding principles of keeping a long term perspective and maintaining a consultative sales approach.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of PIMCO's products, platforms, themes, initiatives, markets, strategies, and policies as well as those of its clients.
- Maintain highest level of compliance with all industry and PIMCO regulations.
- Execute with precision on the PIMCO Canada business plan.
- Schedule, conduct and follow-up on activities based on agreed upon goals. Activities include, group, one on one, and educational seminars.
- Develop a productive working relationship with prospects, clients and stakeholders in your territory.
- Contribute to the strategic goal setting and budgets for your territory.
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Support the broader PIMCO Business Objectives.
- Represent PIMCO as needed at national, regional, and local conferences and training events.
- Provide feedback to PIMCO management on product demand, sales trends and client satisfaction.
- You are expected to fully embrace and seek personal and professional educational opportunities sponsored by PIMCO.
- Bachelor's degree required. CFA and/or MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years in a client facing role.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills required to create meaningful and long-term relationships with financial advisors.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills for group and individual sales presentations.
- Ability to contribute and execute on group strategy.
- Stamina to maintain high levels of targeted activity.
- Thorough knowledge of PIMCO products and ability to present them in a consultative manner based on client needs.
- Excellent partnership skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.