Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee The Opportunity
At QBE, our purpose is to give people the confidence to achieve their ambitions inside and outside of work. From development opportunities to flexible work options and highly competitive reward and benefits packages, we understand the importance of living our values when it comes to our people. Everything we do at QBE is underpinned by our company's cultural elements - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference.
QBE is a Global Insurer presently operating in Canada using the Lloyd's of London Franchise. Due to its success in Canada, QBE has established offices in Toronto and Vancouver to develop, underwrite and service commercial insurance business.
We are looking for a Commercial Cyber and Tech Underwriter to complement our small, dynamic, growing team in Toronto. We are seeking a team-oriented individual with positive attitude, excellent relationship building skills and a sales and service focus to contribute to our growing book of business. You will have ability to effectively evaluate and underwrite large and complex cyber and tech business ; and you have developed a predilection towards precise, detailed tasks, while responding well to pressure situations and deadlines.
If you are looking for a fantastic opportunity to help grow and underwrite our cyber and tech business in accordance with QBE business plan , then we would love to hear from you! Your new role:
- Analyse annual business plan in order to make strategic decisions for the portfolio
- Underwrite new and existing business by analyzing clients' business operation, current coverage and previous claims experience to determine exposure and set appropriate terms and premiums
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements to ensure obligations are met
- Contribute to recording and measuring of insurance risks to ensure accuracy and good practise
- Identify and develop new business to ensure growth targets are met
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders including customers, brokers, business partners and colleagues
- Utilise knowledge of market dynamics and market cycles to operate effectively and appropriately
- Meet business objectives, including: negotiating rates, terms and conditions for existing and new business and renewals managing production and issue contract certainty documentation within set timeframe. ensuring compliance with internal and external regulations and guidelines ensuring contribution to the business plan and objectives
- Participate in the review and analysis of the portfolio to identify progress toward business objectives
- Contribute to the aggregate management and peer review processes to encourage and develop excellence.
- University degree, college diploma or equivalent qualifications (CIP, FCIP, CRM) preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience writing commercial cyber and tech insurance
- Knowledge of package insurance an asset
- High level of technical competency in evaluating and writing large, complex accounts
- Knowledge of pricing and rating methodology, modelling and valuation tools
- Ability to review and understand standard policy wordings
- Ability to analyse data for risk profiling and decision-making
- Market awareness and broker development acumen, proven through established broker relationships and successful track record of new premium generation.
- High level of numeracy and literacy
- Thorough knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements
- Motivated, enthusiastic, dynamic and flexible - willing to work in QBE style/open concept environment
- Excellent analytical, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills
- Advanced level understanding of relevant software, including Excel and other departmental software packages.
At QBE we understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage. That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation (https://qbeeurope.com/careers/flex-qbe/) .
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include:" 5-star Diversity, Equity and inclusion (DEI) awards, 2023 Winner -
Insurance Business Canada Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award" Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year" Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response"" Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity & Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year"
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent. Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities in which we operate.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers." ESG & Sustainability
At QBE, we believe that integrating sustainability into our business helps us deliver on our purpose of enabling a more resilient future. Our three key focus areas include fostering an orderly and inclusive transition to a net-zero economy, enabling a sustainable and resilient workforce and partnering for growth through innovative, sustainable and impactful solutions. For further information regarding QBE's sustainability targets, including our net-zero pledges and inclusion of diversity targets, and our award-winning impact investment initiative 'Premiums4Good', please visit our Sustainability homepage and read our latest Sustainability Report ( Link ). About QBE
QBE is an international insurer and reinsurer, listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and headquartered in Sydney. We employ more than 11,000 people, with a local presence in 27 countries.
We are driven by our purpose of enabling a more resilient future - helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage.
We've been cultivating resilience since 1886, when our founders started a marine insurance company in Australia to give early pioneers a safeguard against uncertainty. Today, we're still giving our customers confidence to explore, innovate and take measured risks, secure in the knowledge they're covered by a strong insurer.
We work hard to build a culture that best supports our people, and not only represents our business, but the world around us.
QBE Re was formed to bring together all of QBE's global reinsurance capabilities, allowing us to provide a consistent, streamlined service to our partners. Today, we offer a range of Property, Casualty, Specialty and Life solutions to customers around the world from our offices in Bermuda, Brussels, Dubai, Dublin, London and New York.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website. What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to apply! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process. APPLY NOW and let's make it happen!"
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.