At Plaid, our mission is to unlock financial freedom for everyone. There has never been a better time than now to start building the future of fintech with us. Plaid powers the tools millions of people rely on to live a healthier financial life. We work with thousands of companies like Venmo, SoFi, and Betterment, several of the Fortune 500, and many of the largest banks to make it easy for people to connect their financial accounts to the apps and services they want to use. Plaid's network covers 12,000 financial institutions across the US, Canada, UK and Europe. Founded in 2013, the company is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in New York, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., London and Amsterdam. #LI-Remote
Plaid's Canada team is looking for a Start-Up Account Executive to join our rapidly scaling team in Toronto. In this position, you will play a critical role in growing a "startup within a startup" that's shaping the future of Open Finance for the Canadian market. You will be responsible for full-stack commercial activities (outbound/inbound, evaluation, negotiation, closing) as well as working with our cross-functional teams to help drive the product roadmap and market positioning for Plaid.
If you are a highly driven self-starter who can wear multiple hats, loves growing new business, and is passionate about Canadian fintech, there are few roles more exciting than this. Come help Plaid power the next wave of financial freedom via our open banking platform! What excites us
What excites you
- Experience in a new-revenue role and a strong track record of closing deals, ideally in start up or scale ups
- A passion for Canadian fintech - you are interested in what's happening across the industry and understand the unique challenges start-ups face across verticals
- Self starters who are not afraid to build a rocket ship as it's taking off
- Team-first mentality - strong collaborators with great communication skills and a growth mindset
- Strong network within the Canadian Fintech community is a nice to have
- Excitement to work in a high-growth environment and to help build our team culture, as well as processes and tools as needed
- Opportunity to take on greenfield territory and manage your own pipeline, even in the face of uncertainty to ensure you hit your metrics
- Being proactive and working independently - we are a small team and there won't be anyone telling you what to do. You enjoy driving your own work in the face of ambiguity but also not afraid to ask for help.
- Desire to get (more) technical and the ability to learn the ins and outs of Plaid's APIs
Plaid is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Plaid is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance with your application or interviews due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.