Sr. Associate-Relationship Manager
Individual contributor responsible for providing mainly office based sales support to experienced sales professionals from Business Development (BD), Account Management (AM) and/or Relationship Management (RM). The individual will be responsible for supporting activities to increase mandates and revenue in their assigned territory(ies), region(s) and/or line of business.
This is a role designed to grow into a customer-facing role as the incumbent gains experience. Scope:
- Provide administrative support to Business Development and Account Management strategic plans to ensure premium delivery of customer service.
- Prepare presentations, pre-meeting/call fact sheets and other market, territory, sector or research materials for events and meetings with existing customers and prospective clients. Draft side letters, opportunities and rating applications, help draft Pricing and Method exceptions, and provide support on bespoke product request approvals.
- Gather and analyze information to support the process to respond to Request For Proposals (RFP) and Tender responses. Maintain tender/RFP database, including missed deals, and forward Commercial pipeline.
- Respond to basic customer queries as directed by and under supervision from the manager ensuring an excellent level of customer service is provided.
- Monitor market developments and trends including coverage information, fixed income market activity and lead generation to identify potential targets and cross selling opportunities under supervision from the manager.
- Monitor news and publications on accounts and/or territory to provide insights for cross-selling or new business to senior members of the team.
- Provide administrative support on projects and marketing campaigns to improve market outreach.
- Responsible for accuracy and completeness of data entered in Salesforce, including assistance with Moody's Connect set up, Portfolio Select set-up and initial payor data collection.
- Work with internal stakeholders, such as Analytical teams, Middle Office, Billing, Sales Operations, Sales Support Team, Pricing and IT to support process improvement efforts to streamline workflow.
- Extremely strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills .
- Demonstrated comfort with virtual working arrangements using Zoom, virtual conferencing
- Able to work well independently and productively with remote supervision
- Able to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Well versed in advanced Excel, PowerPoint and MS Office and able to produce good quality promotional material such as presentation and pre-meeting fact sheets.
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Salesforce, an asset
- Understand main financial instruments, key characteristics and dynamics of capital and credit markets in her or his market segment or territory.
- Able to read financial statements to identify financial needs and understand the financial strategy of each firm.
- Ability to work effectively with a geographically diverse and multi-cultural team.
- Knowledge of French language an asset
- Demonstrated integrity and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and customers to get things done
- Minimum Honours Undergraduate / First Level degree (or equivalent) preferably in finance, accounting, business or economics.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in the financial services industry in a business development, sales or client relationship role is desirable.
- Demonstrated good working knowledge of Capital Markets, particularly Debt Capital Markets and is able to consistently apply knowledge to the role.
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course an asset
- Completion of at least CFA Level 1 an asset
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, place of origin, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from Aboriginal persons, members of a visible minority group, persons with a disability, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and women.
Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly evaluate accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.