Senior Manager, Credit Transaction Review
What is the opportunity?
The Senior Manager, Credit Transaction Review is responsible for leading a team of credit professionals to conduct annual reviews of borrowing relationships within the Wealth Management global credit book, including financial analysis, collateral review and analysis, review of covenant compliance, review of documentation, BRR assessment, and LGD determination. The role is also responsible for the identification, escalation and ensuring resolution of credit issues in alignment with RBC and legal requirements. What will you do?
What do you need to succeed? Must Have
- Lead and develop a high performing team of credit professionals to conduct timely and accurate annual reviews of borrowing relationships within the Wealth Management credit book
- Ensure the timely completion of high quality, accurate credit reviews, including financial analysis of borrowers, collateral review and analysis, covenant and financial compliance of the transaction/borrower and that exceptions to policy properly identified, approved, and monitored
- Review credit documentation for accuracy and proper filing, and maintain the integrity of data bases and credit files
- Partner with regional credit teams and Relationship Managers to conduct credit review and recommendations for remediation and to respond to GRM queries relating to any issues raised as a result of any review
- Conduct post approval reviews of select complex credits as requested by management
- Raise awareness with management of any heightened risk and prepare reports for senior management as required by local regulators, policies, guidelines or standing instructions/requests
- Liaise with auditors (internal and external) and compliance representatives in routine reviews of files and annual reviews in partnership with local regional credit team
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency within the credit transaction review process and participate as needed in relevant business and risk initiatives/projects
- Serve as the business owner for the RPA streamlined annual review process, and proactively look for opportunities to further streamline and automate
- Ensure credit transaction review team's procedures align with risk management structure, policies, processes, people and systems/tools
Nice to Have
- University Degree/Post-Secondary Education, preferably in Finance, Business, Economics or equivalent related experience
- 5+ years of credit administration, report reconcilement and loan documentation experience within a Private Bank setting and familiarity with credit legal verbiage, contracts, and documentation
- Demonstrated experience in leading others
- Understanding of treasury fundamentals, loan products including Loan, Overdraft, Standby Letters of Credit, and Guarantee facilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of local and regional regulatory and compliance requirements
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in the English language
- Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of computing systems and spreadsheets
What's in it for you?
- Strong understanding of high net worth clients and the Wealth Management credit business, including inter-relationships between the business, functions and Group Risk Management
- Good understanding of internal credit systems such as CCMS, CoMS and RIBS would be an advantage
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunities to do challenging work, and to gain wide breadth of exposure in the Credit Management and Monitoring Credit Risk space, Compliance as well as other aspects of product, financial, project and Credit risk.
- Gain a breadth of experience and exposure to the global WM platform
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with colleagues and clients
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. It's easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you. Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.