Senior Java Developer -
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Contract, Full time
- Caspian One
- 25 Jan 19
The opportunity is to join a back-office Capital Markets team in DT Toronto on a new build project of an internal system.
A new internal system is being built specifically to handle back-office/post trade settlements and clearing.
What will you be doing:
- Problem Solving: Assess problems to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Fostering Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance groups effectiveness.
- Communication: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- 5-6 years of hands on development experience in Core Java and related technologies in an Agile development environment. Experience must be – capital markets and or building trading systems
- Strong understanding of core and server-side Java programming.
- Good understanding of design patterns and Object Orient Design concepts.
- Strong understanding of SQL programming preferably with Oracle experience.
- Experience in utilizing Source Control & Build Tools, like SVN, bamboo etc.
- Experience in integration patterns using messaging technologies like JMS, MQ, Kafka, FIX, SWIFT
- Open to develop all layers of the application (Front end, middle tier, backend)
- Unix experience
Skill Set (Preferred)
- SWIFT OR MQ OR Kafka
- Knowledge of trade settlement lifecycles
- Experience building post trade or back-office systems
- Front end experience with Angular or Vaadin
- 1stRound 30 min phone screen
- 2ndRound 2hr Onsite + coding exercise. (Multiple team members)