Senior Engineering Consultant - Platform Organization
Requisition ID: 70399
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As Scotiabank's engine of modernization, the PLATO platform enables technology teams to build software quickly and securely using modern practices. PLATO is an integrated set of technical capabilities, services and processes that encapsulate critical enterprise functions through standardization, re-use and automation.
The PLATO team is comprised of engineers, problem solvers, agilists and creatives in roles such as Enterprise Platform Engineering and Architecture, Enterprise Data Services, Cloud Infrastructure and Architecture, Product Engineering, and Product Management. Together, the team provides the platform that enables the Bank to deliver transformative experiences that help our 24 million customers become better off.
Interested in joining an agile team that's impacting change for our customers around the world? Watch our video Senior Engineering Consultant
Scotiabank is in the process of actively modernizing its technology landscape, particularly around areas of cloud computing and core banking services. Full stack engineers at "The Platform Organisation" group are at the center of this exciting journey. You'll be working closely with other engineers to build great products and features that are used by internal and external customers and have a wide impact across the entire organization. You will be responsible for designing the architecture, building the solution, and helping make some of the most significant decisions for our technology products.
We're looking for people with a strong background in building successful products or systems at scale, capable of breaking down complex problems and provide solutions with a willingness to get things done. Software Development Engineers at "The Platform Organisation" can help us accelerate Scotiabank's journey in turning into a true technology company.
- Work with teams across the organization on leveraging our technology solutions that are incorporated in multiple products.
- Meet with management or appropriate staff to understand their requirements.
- Improve engineering standards and processes.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Employ strong comfort level in dealing with ambiguity and lots of moving pieces.
- Provide advice or suggestions for improvement according to objectives.
- Have exquisite attention to detail and strive for the best possible solution to a given problem.
- Approach each problem in a creative way, successfully navigating through constraints and limitations.
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security and design.
- Always look for ways to improve and learn new things.
What's it like to work here?
Our group is striving to hire the best local talent. We challenge everything we see and always look for ways to improve. Our mission is of a cosmic scale yet we try to stay laser-focused. We're looking for great thinkers and problem solvers who have diverse experience with today's technology. We try not to limit ourselves by established patterns and practices and look for ways to apply cutting edge technology to solve today's and tomorrow's problems. Our team is quite young and diverse and we can definitely say that we truly enjoy being one big family and have a lot of fun working together.
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- Six or more years of experience designing and implementing reliable and scalable software.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing RESTful services with good knowledge of HTTP specifics.
- Knowledge of most common software design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
- Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software systems are designed (both on code and infrastructure levels).
- Understanding of DevOps practices (CI/CD, Automation, Monitoring).
- Experience working and delivering software in an Agile environment.
- A great listener with ability to communicate with people of diverse disciplines.
- Experience designing and implementing applications in a microservice based architecture.
- Experience in project management
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications on a major public cloud offering (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP).
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Consultant, Consulting, Engineer, Computer Science, Banking, Contract, Engineering, Technology, Finance