Senior Desktop Engineer
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Contract, Full time
- CitiHub - US
- 27 Sep 18
We are looking for a Senior Desktop Engineer to work on a contract basis for a Tier 1 Bank.
- Testing, evaluating, designing, troubleshooting and remediating new products and solutions in mid to large enterprise environments
- OS and application troubleshooting, including log analysis, trend identification and vendor engagement
- Designing and implementing remediations and/or workarounds for existing solutions or chronic issues.
- Work with internal departments for various activities (requirements gathering, solution reviews etc)
- Managing, creating, updating hardware independent OS images
- 4+ years of desktop engineering experience designing, supporting and implementing solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals
- Commitment to a high level of integrity, honesty, openness, willingness to accept feedback, and engage in constructive debate
- Knows What Good Looks like and doesn’t hesitate to pursue it.
- A logical and structured approach to troubleshooting and decision making
- Ability to execute tasks independently or as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail
- Passion for desktop and end user technologies.
- Technical Skills and experience required:
- Windows Operating System (7/8) (configuration and usage)
- Productivity applications (Office) (configuration and usage)
- Automated Windows deployment methodologies (MDT, Hardware Independent Imaging etc) (design/implementation)
- Windows Scripting and Automation (PowerShell, VBScript) (development)
- Microsoft Active Directory (OU’s, Groups, GPO’s/GPP’s) (design/implementation/usage)
- Software deployment & configuration management tools is a plus (SCCM, Landesk, Appsense) (usage)