PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
As a key member of the sales team, the Sales Coordinator will work in close partnership with the Account Manager and the Account Associate to provide day-to-day administrative support to help support the territory and grow the business. The Sales Coordinator will contribute by assisting in the sales planning and management of the territories, productivity goals and the organizing of various sales and marketing events.
This role is required to work onsite in Toronto.
- Schedules external & internal meetings, calls and video conferencing with multiple time zones and participants
- Handles any required aspects of meeting logistics (i.e. VC details, conference rooms, A/V assistance, catering)
- Plan, source and execute regional sales and marketing events and contribute to larger scale national events such a Due Diligence trips and Roadshows
- Coordinate distribution of marketing materials and fund information (including preparation of marketing kits)
Client Servicing and Phone Coverage
- Maintain contact management records in CRM
- Develop a detailed understanding of the investment, business development and service needs of Investment Advisors across Canada
- Leverage telephone, mail, e-mail, FAX, and conference calls to build relationships with advisors
- Communicates clear and accurate details along with timely follow-up to emails and ad hoc requests
- Creates follow up correspondence according to the requirement of each individual
- Provides excellent client service both internally and externally
Coordination and Preparation
- Work with account managers and business development professionals to coordinate travel arrangements through our onsite AMEX travel agency according to the PIMCO Travel and Entertainment Policy
- Arrange ground transportation, book hotels and manage all travel logistics
- Prior to travel or events, obtains policy exception approvals and compliance pre-approvals
Expense Reports and Approvals
- Gathers business documentation to prepare monthly expense reports
- Prompts managers after travel, meetings and events for proper documentation
- Processes monthly detailed expense reports through the firm expense management system
- Reconciles monthly expenses with corporate credit card statements to ensure balances are paid in full, and follows up with managers for personal payments when needed
- Monitors and tracks all expense reports submitted until final payment
Project and Department Responsibilities
- Manage co-op process for sales team members and tracks the distribution of all promotional items and entertainment in an internal logging system
- Completes assigned projects on time and with accuracy
- Interacts with senior management & coordinators from other departments to support all business needs as a team
- Supports individuals with any projects or events using a variety of firm tools and applications
- Assist with general administrative tasks including preparing correspondence, data entry, maintaining client contact information
- University degree
- Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) and /or Canadian Securities Course (CSC) preferred
- Previous administrative experience in a sales environment an asset
- Previous experience in financial services industry an asset
- Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills, including an exceptional telephone presence and the ability to prepare professional correspondence
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to create trusting relationships with clients
- Proactive self-starter that is able to work both independently and as a team to achieve goals in a fast paced environment
- Superior time management skills with the ability to prioritize, organize and execute multiple tasks while simultaneously managing daily deadlines
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Knowledge of Contact and Activity Management databases is an asset
- Previous experience with Cisco Webex and Zoom
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.