Reporting to the Head of Investment Operations, the Receptionist & Office Administrator will manage all office and building services including reception, building and equipment maintenance and repair services, safety and security services to ensure a clean, organized, safe and functional office environment. The Receptionist & Office Administrator will cover the reception desk, take ownership of all assigned job duties and meet competing deadlines. Demonstrated initiative and the ability to complete tasks with minimal instruction and oversight are imperative to success
What you will do:
- Greet all visitors in a prompt, courteous and professional manner and escorting them to the appropriate meeting room
- Ensure requests are responded to in a professional and prompt manner
- Ensure incoming calls, emails and faxes are addressed promptly and professionally or are directed to the appropriate individual.
- Ensuring that the reception area, kitchen and meeting rooms are kept clean and welcoming at all times.
- Provide administrative support including incoming and outgoing mail and couriers, sending and receiving general office correspondence, preparing and assembling documents and assisting with administration of all office functions that are assigned
- Manage catering for meetings and events
- Maintaining the general office filing as required
- Oversee office equipment and troubleshoot any issues (e.g. photocopier, printer etc.)
- Maintain a suitable inventory of all appropriate office and kitchen supplies
- Manage petty cash and reconcile it on a monthly basis
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a professional services environment
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Superior computer skills including advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a busy office environment
- Highly cooperative, demonstrates a willingness to assist others and take on new responsibilities
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- High degree of personal responsibility and accountability
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated with proactive approach to completing tasks
- Works with a sense of urgency and is able to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal communication skills with professional telephone manners
- Ability to exercise good judgment, tact and diplomacy
Our employees are the foundation of our success with a focus on always doing what is right for our clients. We are proud of our diverse and unique backgrounds and respect the rights of all to be treated with dignity and respect.
All employment decisions will be based on merit, skills, performance, and business needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals from a variety of backgrounds. Applicants may notify us of any accommodations needed to support participation in the recruitment process.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please note only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
Interested applicants can forward their applications (resume & cover letter) to: firstname.lastname@example.org