~~Who you’ll work with
This is a Full Time Permanent position based in Toronto. You will report to the head of Infrastructure investing in Latin America within the Infrastructure & Natural Resources ("INR") group. You will be member of a small team and a culture where multiple investment groups collaborate to cover the market.
Team is a specialized private equity group that seeks to invest directly in global infrastructure assets. The objective of our direct investing program is to build a portfolio that provides predictable cash flow, inflation protection, and diversification. INR seeks companies where the market risk is mitigated by regulation, sustainable barriers to entry, or contractual agreements.
What you’ll do
You will work as a team member in the evaluation and execution of transactions, as well as the management of existing portfolio investments. A meaningful element of the role is overseeing the work and mentoring of junior team members.
As a valued teammate of our transaction execution team, you will:
• Work with and lead external advisors to conduct due diligence on investment opportunities
• Handle the development of sophisticated financial models to analyze investment opportunities;
• Oversee valuation analysis including identifying key value drivers and financial risks;
• Handle the drafting of presentations, reports and investment recommendations to senior management, and
In managing existing portfolio investments, you will:
• Work closely with portfolio company management and the board of directors to shape strategy and implement value-enhancing initiatives, including capital projects, refinancing’s and bolt-on acquisitions
• Review and analyze board materials, business plans, and other information prepared by management of our portfolio companies;
• Direct the development and maintenance of financial models for our existing investments, and
• Prepare internal annual valuations.
What you’ll need
• MBA or Masters in Finance degree
• 3+ years of work experience within the finance industry, specifically in infrastructure investing and leading material aspects of the investment process, including discounted cashflow valuation financial modelling, conducting due diligence and participating in debt financing;
• Fluent in English and Portuguese
• In country principal infrastructure investing experience in Brazil
• Proven history of working collaboratively as part of a team to meet tight timelines within a project based work environment;
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication and presentation skills and proficiency in written and verbal English;
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills to perform in-depth, innovative, critical analysis, and
• A willingness and ability to travel frequently.
What we're offering
Salary Range: $155,000 - $165,000
• Bonus (Discretionary Pay for Performance)
• Other Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, New Hire Relocation)
• Medical Benefits
• Dental Benefits
• Disability Benefits
• Life Insurance Benefits
• Group Insurance Benefits
• Pension Benefits
• Vision Care Benefits
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflect and celebrate diversity of thought, background and experience.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
Please submit your application to:
Senior Recruitment Specialist
Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board
5650 Yonge Street
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.