Operations Specialist - 12 month contract
The Canadian Operations is currently a 7 person team. Our team supports the back office activities for Equity, FX and Money Market, Loans & Futures products for Canada. We are responsible for the entire lifecycle of a trade from trade capture along with lifecycle event management, internal/external reconciliations (trades, securities and cash), operational controls and key performance indicators/KRI metrics production. Responsibilities:
- Monitor the trade lifecycle and ensure timely settlement of cash and securities.
- Provide expertise and oversight over the processing of dividends, corporate action events and stock lending transactions.
- Reconciliation of exchange, inventory and intercompany accounts on T+1.
- Ensure FX accounts are balanced and exposures are covered.
- Request funding from banking affiliate to ensure the appropriate depositories/bank accounts are funded to facilitate trade settlement, issue wire payments and cheques.
- Open client accounts and maintain/update client information and standard settlements instructions.
- Satisfy regulatory and in-house reporting requirements, including metrics for management.
- 3+ years of experience with trade management and settlement of Canadian and U.S. equities. Proficient in the processing of dividends, corporate actions and stock lending activities.
- Work efficiently in a fast-paced team setting to meet internal, market and regulatory deadlines.
- Possess a post-secondary degree in business, economics or related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office is a plus!
- Working knowledge of Post Trade systems, SWIFT, CTM, SSCNet.
- Hardworking with outstanding interpersonal, time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ambitious with analytical abilities and aptitude in problem solving.