Who we are:
FNZ Group is an established and rapidly growing company in the financial technology sector. We partner with the entire industry to make wealth management accessible to more people. Today, we partner with over 650 financial institutions and 8,000 wealth management firms, enabling over 20 million people across all wealth segments to invest in the things they care the most about, on their own terms. We have over 20+ offices globally with 4500 employees (and growing!).
To learn more about us and our journey, check out our careers site . What is an Operations Director at FNZ?
The Operations Director is a critical role within our new Investment Operations team in Toronto. Reporting into the Chief Operations Officer of Canada, this Operations Director will oversee all functional areas within FNZ North America's wealth and custody operations. This Operations Director should be comfortable working within a start-up style environment, understanding the unique responsibility, creativity and flexibility that is required, and the challenges and opportunities that come with it.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Direct the development of the Asset Servicing / Investment Operations areas purpose and ensure the function provides best in class operational services to clients and internal partners,
- Oversee, challenge, and contribute to the development of short, medium, and long-term strategies (including action plans and targets) for Asset Servicing / Investment Operations areas,
- Manage senior relationships across the global business, ensuring collaborative engagement and partnering to achieve the best results and protection for clients and the business.
- Have direct ownership of the internal stakeholders and positively manage the relationships globally to create a positive, collaborative, and engaged relationship.
- Maintain relationships with external stakeholders in relation to operational areas issues, service standards, change and risk including clients, custodians, consultants, potential clients, third party service providers, and regulators.
- Lead the delivery of KPI / KRI's in relation to customer contractual terms, taking action to prevent failure, through control and oversight of the activities completed by the Asset Servicing / Investment Operations areas under the role holders' remit; and deliver reporting / evidence to the Operations Director to evidence standards achieved,
- Own the Asset Servicing / Investment Operations areas resilience within the first line of defence; and deliver reporting / evidence to the COO or governance forums to evidence standards achieved
- Lead the error management process, including management of major errors, escalation, analysis, and reporting,
- Direct and lead the management of Asset Servicing / Investment Operations areas risk management, covering Control Attestation, Risk Event and Breach Reporting, ensure accurate and timely reporting, with focus on prevention; and deliver reporting / evidence to the Operations Director to evidence standards achieved,
- Ensure appropriate engagement for Audits, Client Visit's or any material meetings or engagement's, were the role holder or the Asset Servicing / Investment Operations areas represent FNZ,
- Own implementation and maintenance of operational controls, with in Asset Servicing / Investment Operations areas, to reduce errors and mitigate potential for fraud; and deliver reporting / evidence to the Operations Director to evidence standards achieved,
What we are looking for:
- Lead and direct the management team for Asset Servicing / Investment Operations to ensure exceptional delivery, through accurate, timely and controlled service to both internal and external clients.
- Manage the performance of all direct reports, addressing (alongside HR) performance issues in a timely manner to ensure that we minimise that there is no client or operational impact.
- Lead and direct development of the Asset Servicing / Investment Operations areas through, development / training plans, skill base management, feedback, and coaching
- Ensure compliance with all mandatory training is completed in a timely fashion.
- Lead and direct the FNZ culture, meeting the FNZ conduct standards and focus on collaboration, debate, openness, and engagement for staff,
- Continuously update capacity planning models as new clients are contracted and the project delivery is underway.
What we offer:
- At least 15 years of operational experience within the Wealth Management / Platform / Custodian industries.
- Minimum of 2 years of director level experience within the Wealth management / Platform / Custodian industries.
- Strong proposition knowledge of platform industry, from Retail Client to Asset Servicing delivery.
- Degree in relevant field.
- Experience in client relationship management.
- Extensive technical operational knowledge covering the functions under role holders' remit, namely trading and confirmations, payments and settlements, static set up and maintenance, corporate actions, taxation and accounting,
- Extensive change management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of the regulations and taxation that governs the US and Canadian financial services industries.
- Strong understand of risk/compliance policies and processes for a financial services business.
- In depth knowledge of different types of operational risks, systems and processes.
- We are mission led - work at the heart of a purpose-led organization, where you can be proud of the impact you make, every day. Where you'll transform the way over 20 million people invest, making wealth management more accessible, sustainable and transparent to more people.
- Rapid career growth - encouraged to take on responsibility, play a part in the evolution of the company and rapidly drive your career development working on real projects that directly impact our clients and their customers.
- Market leading technology - Build, create and evolve innovative solutions for the world's most trusted brands using the latest technologies to help change the face of investing for the future
- Learning & development - Placing emphasis on a willingness to learn, to think differently, to be creative and to help drive innovation.
- A competitive base salary, uncapped bonus, and paid time off.
- FNZ will match pension plan contributions at 150%,up to 4% total Employee Contribution.
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance, and more.
- A twelve-week top-up of 100% of earnings for all employees while on parental leave.
- Fulfilling mentor and leadership opportunities.
- A positive work environment with a sense of purpose to share knowledge and skills amongst other colleagues.