- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 23 Apr 19
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.66 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
This position provides operational support for the PIMCO Canada product platforms including mutual funds, institutional trusts, alternatives, and closed-end funds. The role involves interacting with teams throughout PIMCO to be well-informed of industry initiatives, regulatory changes, documentation requirements, operational activities, and fund administration. Furthermore, the individual that carries out the role will work in partnership with a number of internal and external teams to support existing controls and procedures associated with the Canadian business as well as evaluate and develop improved workflows to eliminate operational risk.
- A four-year university degree in finance, accounting or economics preferred; advanced degree a plus
- 3 -5 years of mutual fund related business experience
- Demonstrated communication ability and able to explain complex situations
- Able to prioritize and multi-task on competing priorities
- Ability to think quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, problem solver, detail oriented and team player
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of finance and investment concepts
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office