Junior Consultant Pensions & Insurance
- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
- Ortec Finance Canada
- 28 Dec 18
Our Toronto office is looking for a junior consultant within our Pensions and Insurance team, where you will be blending financial markets, actuarial science and industry leading technology in a dynamic and innovative environment. If you recently graduated and you have an affinity and interest in the financial market and IT please read further, because this could be the job for you.
Your responsibilities will include:
· Measuring and analysing financial risks across pension schemes, fund managers and insurers
· Asset Liability modelling
· Investment advice and detailed risk analysis
· Contributing to product demonstrations
· Managing the implementation of software and, after the implementation phase, providing direct client support on an on-going basis
· Providing advice and training to our clients in the use of our software and ALM modelling
· Software customisation by developing new functionalities
· Maintaining close contact with our headquarters in the Netherlands
You will work primarily from our downtown office and occasionally on location at clients’ respective offices. Applicants must however be willing to make occasional visits to our headquarters in the Netherlands. As part of the training, we may also consider sending you for a couple of months to our Rotterdam office.
Education, experience and skills:
· Undergraduate/Postgraduate university degree in a science specialism (Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Informatics, Data Science, Econometrics, Actuarial Science)
· Have experience working with Pension Scheme assets and liabilities
· Experience in coding i.e. SQL, VBA and/or specific languages would be an asset
· Have experience working with Excel
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Client orientated
· Excellent planning and organizing skills
· Strong team player and motivated to work in a small team
· Superb analytical skills
· Creative, resourceful, able to think outside the box, resilient and hands on
· Integrity and professionalism
What can you expect from Ortec Finance
Ortec Finance helps people make better investment decisions. We support pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, insurers, banks, asset managers, financial planners and real estate managers across the globe using our industry leading modelling solutions. This continual focusing on development, embracing technology and blending that with personal engagement, allows us to lead the market in empowering enhanced investment decision making.
The Pensions and Insurance department
Within Ortec Finance, the Pensions and Insurance team consists of ALM consultants and Investment consultants who focus on advising clients and on implementing our modelling solutions to enhance their risk management frameworks from an ALM perspective. This facilitates better investment decision making by engaging with our industry leading modelling software.
What do we offer?
· A challenging and rewarding role in an inspirational global business
· Opportunities for personal and professional career development
· Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits
· Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence
· Become part of the Toronto team that services all North American clients
More information or to apply?
For more information regarding this position please contact Elaine Millson or Pieter Wijnhoven at 416.736.4955
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume, stating reference number CA-03-P&I, via the application button.
Acquisition on account of this vacancy will not be appreciated.