At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. What you will be responsible for: ob Summary:
Using discretion and judgment, provides consistent, high-level administrative support to assigned members of the Investment Department in a value-added manner. Ability to perform administrative responsibilities with minimal supervision. Principal Responsibilities:
- Partners with assigned investment professional to perform a variety of specialized duties, which may be complex in nature. Understands their business needs; works proactively to meet those needs while following department procedures and guidelines.
- Comprehends the companies and industries being followed by assigned investment personnel and independently works to streamline and minimize administrative burden on the investment professional.
- Understands and masters all department systems, databases and research tools to ensure smooth and efficient department operations.
- Gathers research/data for presentation material, organizes travel for company visits, conferences and marketing trips and processes expense requests in a timely manner.
- Collaborates with the manager to assist with administrative procedures and performs a variety of specialized duties which can be confidential in nature and require knowledge or understanding of department operations.
- Ensures external and internal communication, documents and materials are accurate and error free.
- Consistently looks for ways to improve various department processes and procedures to ensure efficiency.
- Serves as a resource to the manager with new hire and on-going training.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and work experience.
- Minimum five years administrative assistant experience in the Financial Services Industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Outlook and Word, Excel, Power Point, & Access
- Flexible and team oriented
- Experience with travel and expense management, video conferencing equipment.
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
MFS Investment Management Canada is committed to an inclusive and equitable workplace. We value the diversity of people, culture and ideas. MFS Investment Management Canada's equal opportunity and diversity practices draw upon highly talented and skilled people whose individual competencies and creativity are recognized and appreciated. We believe we must attract, develop, and retain the best and brightest individuals from all segments of the population in order to attain business objectives. We are dedicated to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodations, so your accessibility needs are met during the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
During the Covid pandemic, MFS Employees are currently working from home. When safe to do so and in accordance to local government guidelines, MFS will be a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.