Who we are looking for
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and hard-working individuals with a keen interest in learning about and accounting for complex investment transactions and structures in a dynamic, challenging and fast-paced work environment. Your success will be facilitated by the leading-edge technology infrastructure supported by well-developed procedures and controls. We offer you a challenging career in a rapidly expanding international company with a professional, yet casual, work environment. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of our State Street Alternatives operation. We are a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to alternative investment fund managers. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Hedge Fund Accounting Senior Associate,
What we value
- Assist and train team members to calculate and validate a weekly and/or monthly Net Asset Value (NAV) for their assigned funds
- Review cash reconciliations daily (no unresolved discrepancies)
- Review portfolio position reconciliations daily (including equities, bonds, swaps, options, fund of funds, foreign exchange, futures and other evolving derivative instruments)
- Analyze and validate traders' profit and loss statement daily
- Review and ensure all positions are priced correctly daily
- Review of accounting transactions for accuracy
- Review and validate the partner/shareholder allocation calculations, including management and incentive fee calculations
- Ensure all daily client reporting deadlines are met by your team
- Ensure weekly / monthly end Dealing Date NAV deadlines are achieved by your team
- Review of the weekly / month end NAV pack before presentation to NAV Officer / Manager
- Lead/assist with financial statement preparation (monthly and annually)
- Lead/assist with working paper preparation and enquiries related to the annual audit
- Lead/assist with periodic financial reporting for Hedge Funds (i.e. Statement of Assets and Liabilities and Statement of Profit and Loss)
- Review and understand the fund's offering memorandum and verify that the offering memorandum agrees to fund set up and ensure that ongoing operations adhere to offering memorandum details
- Ensure appropriate allocation and sharing of work within team
- Develop communication within the team on a day to day basis
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confident and decisive
- Ambitious and energetic
- Strong work ethic - flexible and adaptable
- Can-do attitude with high energy
- Self-motivated with a passion for learning and growth
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience at the management level in a hedge fund administration environment
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in a hedge fund administration environment or other related financial services experience.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or other business related area
- Accounting experience a plus
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment (subject to human rights accommodations) About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers