Director, Institutional Sales Canada
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS Investment Management Canada is seeking to hire a Director, Institutional Sales for their Toronto, ON office. You will sell MFS products to Institutional Clients including pension funds, endowments and foundations, insurance companies, etc. in assigned territory. Collaborating as a team and working independently, you will coordinate sales activities with members of product management and consultant relations teams to develop new business relationships. Principal Responsibilities
- Under direction of Senior Managing Director, Head of Canadian Distribution, develop business plan to maximize territory coverage.
- Engage in predetermined quality contacts per month with plan sponsors to promote products with a focus on growing our fixed income strategies.
- Provide information and support to consultant relations team.
- Effectively identify, develop and close opportunities over sales cycles.
- Present investment strategies to senior level decision makers.
- Execute territorial business plans by coordinating efforts with other members of the Canadian distribution team and other colleagues within MFSI.
- Maintain and update information for each quality contact.
- Attend conferences and training to further build knowledge and skills and share information about sales trends and industry developments with MFS personnel.
- Comply with all internal and external rules, policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor's degree with an MBA or advanced degree preferred; CFA required.
- Minimum of 8 years' institutional sales experience, or experience with institutional buyers or intermediaries with ability to position active fixed income solutions to prospects and filed consultants
- Excellent presentation skills, as well as strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication experience.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while being a strong team player.
- Willingness to travel extensively to attend applicable conferences and sales meetings.
- Advising representative or associate advising representative registration preferred.
MFS Investment Management Canada is committed to an inclusive and equitable workplace. We value the diversity of people, culture and ideas. MFS Investment Management Canada's equal opportunity and diversity practices draw upon highly talented and skilled people whose individual competencies and creativity are recognized and appreciated. We believe we must attract, develop, and retain the best and brightest individuals from all segments of the population in order to attain business objectives.
We are dedicated to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodations, so your accessibility needs are met during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."