At MFS, you will find a culture that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and demonstrate care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. What you will be responsible for: PURPOSE:
Direct responsibility for support, communication and coordination of direct sales team activities in Canada. Develop thorough understanding of the institutional marketplace to assist the sales team in further penetrating the market place. PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as primary liaison/contact for direct sales team in Toronto and other offices located in Canada
- Assist in the production and update of key prospect profile by researching databases, companies' annual reports and other sources of data.
- Interface with institutional prospects and field consultants providing appropriate firm, product, performance and other data on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Interface with external and internal contacts around all details, logistics and materials related to final presentations, consultant meetings, prospect meetings and due diligence meetings.
- Assist the sales team with researching and producing content and data to be used in prospective activities such as direct prospecting, conferences.
- Proactively monitor current industry trends in industry publications website, regulatory updates to stay abreast of changes affecting institutional investors and leading to sales potential opportunities.
- Create customized marketing and sales presentations for full spectrum of institutional investment products . Demonstrate initiative in creating ad hoc materials to enhance prospects' understanding of the firm and our products.
- Interface with competitive analysis team in addition to other research to provide key competitors analysis to the sales team
- Coordinate regular and specialized mailings to established contact lists. Use judgement in determining customized lists for targeted, time sensitive communications.
- Utilize Salesforce/other CRM database as central resource to maintain and track all platform team contacts and activities. Generate regular and custom sales/opportunity/consultant reports as necessary.
- Assist other teams within MFS Canada and perform additional duties as requested.
- Minimum of two years' general business experience, preferably in a sales, marketing and financial services environment
- Position requires bachelor degree and CFA level 1 preferred
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, providing simultaneous support to several individuals.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical skills in PowerPoint/Word/Excel.
#LI-HYBRID What we offer:
MFS Investment Management Canada is committed to an inclusive and equitable workplace. We value the diversity of people, culture and ideas. MFS Investment Management Canada's equal opportunity and diversity practices draw upon highly talented and skilled people whose individual competencies and creativity are recognized and appreciated. We believe we must attract, develop, and retain the best and brightest individuals from all segments of the population in order to attain business objectives. We are dedicated to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodations, so your accessibility needs are met during the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
MFS is a hybrid work environment
(remote/onsite) unless otherwise stated in the job posting .
This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
as part of their job responsibilities, unless MFS approves an exemption as an accommodation due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Submission of an exemption request does not guarantee that an exemption will be approved or that the request can be accommodated.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. Please see the EEO is the Law document and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision , linked for your reference.