Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With firm assets under management of over CAD$1.8 trillion and Canadian client assets under management of CAD$33.8 billion as of December 31, 2021, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Client Service Management team has an opening for a Client Analyst, CA, in our Toronto office that will work with our servicing team to service our Canadian based clients. Client Service Management contributes to Wellington Management's mission by delivering first class client service across the full breadth of business channels and markets covered in the Americas region. The Client Analyst ('CA') works closely with Client Service Managers and is accountable for coordinating client related activities within the Client Service Management team in the Client Group, as well as other Wellington line functions to ensure that we successfully deliver on the agreed upon operating and reporting requirements of each of our client relationships.
The Client Analyst, in conjunction with the relevant Client Service Manager, provides timely and accurate service to the firm's clients. The analyst works closely with members of various functional areas on a portfolio of assigned client accounts. He/she will coordinate and conduct analysis of client portfolios, respond to inquiries on a wide variety of topics, and perform other tasks as appropriate. Client Analysts also participate in various projects and cross functional working groups related to the Client Service Management function.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support a number of assigned relationships from a client service standpoint
- Research and respond to day-to-day client (or their agent) directed questions including ad-hoc service and operational inquiries
- Conduct analysis, initiate investigations, and respond to internal and external ad-hoc inquiries on a wide variety of topics including portfolio and product specific information, investment guidelines, compliance issues, legal contracts, and fee inquiries
- Collaborate with other teams, and identify internal experts to respond to client issues in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate production and timely delivery of any materials for client meetings including presentation books and briefing memos
- Develop an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's product offerings
- Play a role in the account opening, transition management, account restructuring and account closing processes
- Monitor formal service levels to clients based on size, revenue, and other criteria
- Capture and maintain client and consultant data in relevant internal systems
- Act as a point of contact for various groups within client and consultant organizations
- Participate in in-house client meetings and conference calls as appropriate
- Establish and maintain relationships with a broad range of our Canadian institutional clients
- Command a knowledge of the investment business, marketplace, and client investment trends
The Client Analyst will have 2-5 years professional experience within the investment management industry, with strong investment and capital market knowledge. Previous or direct experience supporting client relationships is viewed positively. A university degree is desirable, and a CFA/MBA preferred. Sound business judgement, strong communication skills, and the ability to express oneself in both individual and group settings are a must.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of capital markets and/or investment product, to facilitate comprehension of client/consultant inquiries and requests
- Strong academic credentials, coupled with (or willingness to pursue) a relevant professional qualification, e.g. CFA, MBA
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Attention to detail: The ability to not only pull data from the various applications available, but to take a step back and be able to understand whether the data makes sense and consistently produce accurate and timely deliverables
- The ability to work independently, in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities change frequently, and deadlines are often under significant time pressure
- Strong proactivity and ability to run with tasks from start to finish
- Team player: willingness to pitch in whenever asked and operate in a team-oriented environment
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .