Job Description The Role / Responsibilities:
Under general supervision, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, combined with a basic understanding of business systems and Moody's Analytics requirements. The incumbent will conduct analysis of business and user needs, document requirements, and revise existing logic, as necessary.
- Works directly with business stakeholders to translate business needs into detailed application specifications. This will include both new and improvement initiatives to student services delivered through the web and back office administrative procedures.
- Develops and executes project plans for specific assigned initiatives and provides support to team members. Sets and adheres to schedules, deadlines and project deliverables.
- Maps business processes, business rules, system requirements, exceptions, and error states.
- Writes formal requirements documents detailing stakeholder needs and translating them to systems and process requirements. Works in conjunction with the software development teams and infrastructure teams to ensure deliverables meet requirements identified.
- Analyzes raw data, student profiles and exception reports to diagnose production issues and incorporates analysis into requirements documents.
- Formulate and defines information system needs of users, through research and fact finding.
- Participate in testing, acceptance testing, and implementation of information systems modules and sub-systems.
- Ensure that system specifications meet the business and user requirements.
- Define project scope, deliverables and timelines based on project objectives.
- Work with internal business units to elicit, gather, define, analyze and document requirements for other related projects as required.
- Analyse and modify procedures to solve complex problems, considering existing systems capabilities/limitations and business needs.
- Analyse user needs and convert them into business requirements/software specifications that follow the company's objectives.
- Provide a technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems and their integration.
- Participate in daily monitoring of data synchronization between different systems and eliminate the errors occurred.
- Analyse any issues/errors discovered during daily monitoring and suggest features/root cause in order to eliminate them.
- Create and automate reports based on client requests.
- Keep systems documentation up to date.
- Organize and execute testing activities.
- Assist with production support issues and production releases, as required.
- Assist with additional DB scripting and coding support, as required.
- Support other processes as required to accomplish departments mandate.
- A university or college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 3+ years' experience in systems analysis, business analysis and workflow and dataflow analysis and modelling.
- 3+ years' experience in production and support environment.
- Experience with PL/SQL and T-SQL.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Visio, Project Plan and etc.).
- Strong technical and analytical skills with an ability to adapt to new technologies.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Solid oral and written communication skills, with the demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical topics to management and non-technical audiences.
- Ability and desire to work within a cross-functional team environment with people from multiple business units.
- Understanding of basic project management techniques.
- Ability to manage competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Strong data modeling skills,
- Ability to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, place of origin, disability, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from Aboriginal persons, members of a visible minority group, persons with a disability, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and women.
Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly evaluate accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.