Associate, External Relationship Management
Description About this role
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goal - retirement. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Institutional Client Business Overview:
The Global Institutional Client Business serves institutional and retail clients in more than 60 countries, including corporate, public, union and industry pension plans; insurance companies, endowments; foundations; charities; corporations; official institutions; banks and individuals worldwide. We have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combined make this effort successful, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management.
Unified under one global platform, individual client businesses are accountable for client relationships and distribution of products and services. The Canadian Institutional Client Business works with BlackRock's Canadian clients to identify and create solutions for their investment needs. The group has exceptional access to the investment teams, product specialist and unparalleled firm resources globally.
BlackRock's Canada Institutional business is a growing business, offering institutional clients access to global leading investment solutions across active, passive, alternatives, multi-asset, cash management and technology. This position offers the opportunity to join one of the world's leading asset management firms and be an important part of future growth. Given our flat organizational structure, associates have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and benefit from their insight and experience.
- Support Senior Relationship Managers with all on-going sales, service and communication with clients and prospects.
- Develop asset class fluency across BlackRock's product range - including fixed income, equity, hedge funds, real assets, private equity and private credit.
- Cultivate strong relationships with clients becoming the "go-to" person for account specific information, which can include security level (bonds, stocks, derivatives) information, portfolio investment performance, investment guideline compliance, clarifications and modification, cash inflows and redemptions.
- Interface with portfolio managers, investment product specialists, compliance officers, consultant relations staff, operations and portfolio administration personnel, to organize client meetings and coordinate presentation material content.
- Use BlackRock's proprietary systems to gather security, capital market and economic data to create a range of presentation materials including portfolio review books, Board presentations and marketing materials.
- Gather critical data to quickly respond orally and in writing to client information requests.
- Write and publish client meeting summary notes posted to firm wide client relationship management systems.
- Assist with new client on-boarding- supporting clients through the process of "opening new accounts" with BlackRock.
- Strong communications skills - ability to clearly and concisely articulate market views, product platform characteristics etc, in both written work and verbally
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish credibility with key stakeholders throughout the firm
- Collaborative and cooperative approach to a team based sales and service model
- Passion for the financial markets and client relationship management
- Ability to lead by example - high work product standard and strong work ethic
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience
- Graduate degree or CFA candidacies or CIM designation.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.