- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Database Engineer
Location: Toronto, ON, CanadaOverview:
The associate software engineer is responsible for designing and implementing new features that require strong knowledge in the database design and programming, object oriented design, programming complex data conversions, assisting actuarial programmers in writing fast and reliable database related code, profiling and developing code to improve database performance.
- Initially, learn as much as possible about AXIS database architecture and structure, insurance products and various aspects of insurance operations and the various supporting applications
- Write efficient, bug-free code in compliance with Moody's programming standards
- Write concise documentation in help text, KB articles and comments in code
- Present new ideas to improve database design and performance
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Excellent understanding of algorithm designs
- Strong hands on knowledge of C++ and C# programming (Visual Studio .NET, MFC)
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and N-tier application
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging
- Knowledge of VB .NET an asset
- Knowledge of database technologies (database design principles, SQL, DAO, ADO, ODBC, OLE DB) an asset
- Familiar with SQL Server and programming for it an asset
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, team environment
- Requires minimal supervision
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent English communication skills
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.