Job Description The Assistant Psychometrician ( Exam Analyst's) core responsibilities include providing psychometric analysis, reporting and improvement strategies for examination performance. The Exam Analyst oversees current examination data storage and evaluation systems (item banking software), including its continuous operation and improvements, by providing leading technical support and expertise.
This role is integral to the successful execution and deployment of EDM's accountabilities, and EDM's role in the organization's relationship with regulators, clients and candidates. The incumbent provides consistent, accurate and reliable examination data within secure systems, which strengthens our relationship with internal and external stakeholders.
The role requires a high level of diligence and attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of scoring, examination decisions and continuous improvement.
The Exam Analyst:
- Is accountable for the accuracy of the candidate grading system and ensures the accurate computing, delivery and verifications of candidate grades within and between reporting systems as required. Provides support and recommendations across the organization for reporting of candidate results individually and in aggregate.
- Works closely with the Associate Director and EDM colleagues to provide expert and clear statistical reporting and analysis on examination and item performance with recommendations for continuous improvement. This responsibility (and others) requires strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Works closely with the Exam Specialists to monitor exam and item performance and implement processes and other improvements to achieve EDM's assessment goals.
- Provides technical support and training for current and new technologies related to EDM's mandate by delivering proactive consultation for software and database support both internally and externally with service providers. This includes testing platforms, test and item management systems and hardware support.
- Proactively recommends continuous technical improvements and provides strategic input and recommendations on new technologies and testing options.
- Is proactive in identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement across areas of responsibilities.
- Maintains sound records in current time, and in archive to meet procedural and security standards
- Post-secondary education with emphasis on statistics/mathematics or psychometrics.
- A minimum of three years' work experience in a test development environment.
- Experience designing and conducting psychometric analyses utilizing common statistical software packages (e.g. SAS, SPSS, R, ITEMAN) in support of testing programs.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Excel in performing data entry, creating and utilizing formulas, efficiently organizing data and information and analyzing and displaying data is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English with the ability to communicate well across all hierarchical levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to taking initiative and producing a high level of quality work.
- Able to work toward and meet deadlines. Able to adapt easily in a fast-paced, changing environment to meet the needs of internal and external colleagues and clients.
- Highly motivated and solution- and results-oriented individual with a drive for excellence and continuous improvement.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.