We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Account Managers are investment professionals whose broad range of responsibilities include adding new clients to PIMCO, monitoring portfolios & communicating strategies, providing information about performance attribution, market performance and macroeconomic conditions, outlining the firm's outlook and strategy, developing investment objectives, and educating clients about a broad set of investment strategies, products and services.
Specifically, the account manager we are seeking will join the team responsible for both accelerating the growth of our institutional client base and strengthening client relationships with institutional investors in Canada.
This position will be based in PIMCO's Toronto or Montreal office and will report directly to the Head of the Institutional team.
An account manager in the Canadian institutional team is responsible for executing investor specific growth plans. Responsibilities include:
- Drive sales across the full spectrum of PIMCO investment solutions (Alts, Mutual Funds, ETFs, SMAs) by developing, maintaining, and deepening relationships with new and existing advisors; influence advisor choices using a consultative sales process.
- Maintain an active presence with key decision makers across our target market, conduct client events, and deliver group presentations, including continuing education/training.
- Build relationships with senior individuals within client organizations in order to source opportunities across the suite of PIMCO investment solutions.
- Manage firm resources (e.g., partnering with PIMCO product and portfolio managers) in order to generate new sources of revenue and to expand existing business relationships.
- Contribute to the broader team and firm by sharing client and sales insights, and best practices.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of PIMCO's products, platforms, themes, initiatives, markets, strategies, and policies as well as those of its clients.
- Maintain highest level of compliance with all industry and PIMCO regulations.
- Execute with precision on the PIMCO Canada business plan.
- 3+ years of professional experience in the institutional investment industry (asset manager, asset owner and/or investment consultancy)
- Advanced degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited university or an MBA
- Fluency in English and fluency in French (verbal and written) is a plus
- A Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation is a plus. Candidates who are not already charter holders will be encouraged to pursue the CFA designation.
- Preference for candidates whose field of study provided exposure to finance/capital markets, and macroeconomics, or whose business experience and knowledge is aligned with the position.
- Business development, client relationship management or investment consulting experience is a plus.
- Outstanding analytical and mathematical abilities; capacity to blend the quantitative with the qualitative
- Personable, ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Strong investment acumen; knowledge of, and passion for, financial markets, fixed income and investing
- Focus on specific, ambitious goals, and demonstrate personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing to work within the firm's demanding and highly focused environment
- Enjoy working collaboratively across the organization in a team environment
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
PIMCO will make reasonable efforts to provide accommodation to candidates with disabilities in the course of the recruitment process upon written request. PIMCO requests that candidates seeking accommodation identify their particular accommodation needs as soon as possible in the job selection process. Candidates seeking accommodation may be asked to provide medical information or verification for the purposes of ensuring that a requested form of accommodation is safe and appropriate. Questions concerning the availability of accommodation in the recruitment process may be forwarded by e-mail to HRRecruiting@pimco.com