2022 MBA Summer Intern, Account Manager - Toronto
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Account Manager
PIMCO's client management teams are comprised of client-facing relationship management and sales professionals ("Account Managers") who are directly responsible for contributing to the firm's success. We represent PIMCO to our clients and prospective clients and seek to deliver investment solutions that leverage PIMCO's position as one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers.
We believe there is nothing more important than the partnership with our clients. Markets don't stand still and neither do we, innovating to build solutions to meet investors' evolving needs. We are invested in helping our clients achieve what they set out to accomplish.
Account Managers are investment professionals who have a broad range of responsibilities, including:
1. Educating clients about a broad set of investment strategies and building relationships across client organizations
2. Developing a deep understanding of client needs, organizational structure and industry trends to position client-centric solutions
3. Collaborating with other PIMCO investment professionals, including Product Strategists and Portfolios Managers
4. Providing information about performance attribution, market performance and macroeconomic conditions
5. Outlining the firm's current economic outlook and portfolio strategy
Account Managers can specialize in servicing a wide range of client types, included but not limited to, endowments, investment consultants, foundations, pension funds, broker-dealer firms and government entities. Positions are located in Toronto, ON. Career Development, Training and Mentoring
Every intern begins their summer with a formal week of training. The PIMCO Fundamentals training program will provide you with the skills, knowledge and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship. Your informal training will continue throughout the summer at PIMCO - everyday, in a perpetual learning environment. In addition, you will be teamed with a seasoned professional who offers guidance and mentorship throughout the internship. Position Requirements: Desired Candidates Should Possess the Following Characteristics
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high-energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies/views clearly verbally, in writing, and during presentations
- Personable and credible, ability to influence and develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Passion for financial markets, macroeconomics and investment strategy
- Strong analytical abilities; capacity to blend the quantitative with the qualitative
Summer Program Details
- Pursuing an MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited, leading business school or university, or other equivalent Advanced Degree as it relates to the position, completion expected between Dec 2022 - June 2023.
- Fluent in Spanish or Portuguese and fluent in English - writing, reading and speaking
- Starts in mid-June, 10 weeks in length, Week 1 consists of PIMCO Fundamentals training
- Cross-divisional education, networking & social events
- Formal mentor program
- Formal reviews/feedback at mid-summer and end-of-program
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities:
- Submit your resume and cover letter here by DECEMBER 1, 2021
- Note that if you have also applied via your school's career portal you must ALSO submit a formal application via this portal.
PIMCO will make reasonable efforts to provide accommodation to candidates with disabilities in the course of the recruitment process upon written request. PIMCO requests that candidates seeking accommodation identify their particular accommodation needs as soon as possible in the job selection process. Candidates seeking accommodation may be asked to provide medical information or verification for the purposes of ensuring that a requested form of accommodation is safe and appropriate. Questions concerning the availability of accommodation in the recruitment process may be forwarded by e-mail to HRRecruiting@pimco.com