- Montreal, QC, Canada
- Permanent, Full time
Translator - Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions
Location: Montreal, QC, CanadaThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Translator provides accurate translations of a variety of documents, from English to French, related to Moody's Analytics Learning Solutions (MALS) courses (textbooks, workbooks, exam items, HTML, Flash documents, etc.) as well as marketing documents (ads, websites pages, etc.).
- Translates and proofreads material related to financial industry courses and ensures the meaning in the source text is retained
- Performs terminology research using the web, various language tools and bilingual resources
- Works in close collaboration with content experts who develop and revise courses
- Clarify, when needed, with the originators of documents the original meaning, feeling and intent of text to be translated
- Adapts translations as required according to subject matter and target audience in our French-speaking markets
- Ensures that translations are complete and that there are no additions/omissions to the original text, the original meaning, or the original feeling and intent
- Responds to ad hoc requests from various departments within tight deadlines and meets agreed to milestone dates
- Escalates when unclear points are found in source text
- Accountable for the quality of the translation and reports potential errors in source documents
- Works with team to create and maintain the translation memory banks
- Translates between 1500 to 2000 words a day with accuracy
- Attends meetings to brainstorm on writing projects and processes and to offer suggestions and recommendations for continuous improvement
- Works with departments to ensure files and systems meet the needs of all teams
The Translator works with the following systems and platforms:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Trados Studio, MultiTerm
- Perfect mastery of French language
- Knowledge of Financial Industry, Banking Industry, Securities Industry
- Able to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Able to work under pressure
- Excellent team collaboration
- Bachelor's degree in Translation (English to French)
Years of Experience
- 5+ years of experience in translation
- 2+ years in a financial services role would be an asset
- Knowledge of and ability to use personal computers or workstations, office support tools (e.g., word processing, e-mail, presentation software and spreadsheets)
- Knowledge of specific tools and applications for translation ( Trados Studio, MultiTerm, MultiTrans )
- Fully bilingual (French and English)
- Ability to achieve objectives and deadlines while working under pressure
The Department / Team:
Moody's Analytics, a division of Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO), is the world's leading provider of credit analysis and related tools, including quantitative credit risk models, credit analysis software, portfolio management analytics, economic research, financial data, pricing and valuation services, and specialized consulting services. Moody's Analytics also distributes investor-oriented research and data developed by Moody's Investors Service as part of its rating process, including in-depth research on major debt issuers, industry studies, and commentary on topical events. The Moody's Analytics Financial Services Training and Certification business in Canada operates as the Canadian Securities Institute, the leading provider in Canada of financial learning, credentials and certification. This role is within Global Sales Operations
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree) in finance, business administration, information systems, management, or other relevant area.
- Minimum 2 years prior experience working in an administrative, customer service, finance, legal or sales support role, preferably with a sales- or contract-related function, supporting the quote-to-cash process
- Highly organized, with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Strong teamwork and customer service orientation. Highly responsive and proactive in issue identification, communication, and managing expectations.
- Highly motivated and results-driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships.
- Demonstrates good judgment in problem-solving and issue escalation.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with Salesforce CRM and/or Apttus is strongly desired.
- Fluency in English (spoken & written) is essential.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's is committed to maintaining an inclusive, diverse and accessible workplace. To this end, reasonable accommodations are available on request, and will take into account the particular accommodation needs of individual candidates. If you are selected and require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, you may send your request to AODA@moodys.com. Information provided during the accommodation process will be treated as confidential, and will be shared only to the extent required to properly administer accommodation requests.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.