See job description for details
CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and bet environmental practices
Job Description Role
Reporting to the Managing Director in the Private Markets Funds - Credit team, the incumbent contributes to maximizing the portfolios' performance by developing and implementing investment strategies. They also seek out, negotiate and monitor partnerships and transactions in collaboration with the Credit and Capital Solutions teams' portfolios. Finally, they maintain a rigorous analysis process by fostering collaboration and teamwork. Main responsibilities
- Develop business opportunities through a good business network and adopt proactive approaches;
- Coordinate, structure and execute the transaction package, negotiation, implementation and monitoring;
- Closely collaborate with analysts to direct analysis production;
- Conduct due diligence reviews independently, thoroughly and completely, by using appropriate internal and/or external resources;
- Independently prepare files and recommend them to the investment committee (screening, positioning document and executive summary);
- In collaboration with the analysts, produce the required documentation required for portfolios files (synopsis sheets, financial and valuation models, internal risk ratings, etc.);
- Establish and maintain relationships with portfolio managers and potential candidates;
- Take part in various projects and activities to improve the team's investment process and increase the systemization of portfolio monitoring tools;
- Analyze trends in the investment firm industry and maintain relationships with various intermediaries in the industry;
- Share industry best management practices with CDPQ's internal management teams;
- Regularly share their own knowledge and experience with the Credit and Capital Solutions teams to continuously improve transaction quality;
- Work on a cross-functional basis with other teams at CDPQ (e.g. Private Equity, Public Markets, Research, Risk Management, Legal, etc.).
- Twelve (12) to fifteen (15) years' experience in credit markets, preferably within a large specialized firm with an international scope;
- Advanced knowledge of credit (corporate, infrastructure and real estate), structured products and financial instruments;
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or a related discipline;
- CFA, CAIA, FRM designations considered an asset;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Computer skills and experience using risk analysis platforms (Preqin, Capital IQ, Bloomberg, Barra, Axioma, etc.) (asset);
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written.
- Leadership and strong focus on continuous quality improvement;
- Ability to influence;
- Strong interpersonal and communication (debating ideas) skills;
- Business development;
- Strategic thinking;
- Independence and initiative.
Nous contacterons uniquement les personnes retenues pour une entrevue.
La Caisse offre des chances d'emploi égales à tous . Elle invite les femmes, les membres des minorités visibles et ethniques, les autochtones et les personnes handicapées à présenter leur candidature. La Caisse s'engage également à poursuivre l'intégration de la diversité et à en faire une source d'enrichissement et de fierté pour tous ses employés.