See job description for details
CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and bet environmental practices
Reporting to the Managing Director, Head of Corporate Credit, the incumbent contributes to achieving the business objectives of the Corporate Credit, Fixed Income mandate. He or sheexecutes private debt transactions in North America by developing relationships with the sector's primary stakeholders. He also ensures that a thorough credit analysis process is maintained by fostering collaboration and teamwork.
Based in Montreal or New York. Main responsibilities
- Develop business opportunities through a good business network and adopt proactive approaches.
- Coordinate, structure and execute the transaction , negotiations, implementation and monitoring.
- Lead project research and fundamental analysis; examine business model quality and its capacity to create value, as well as project risks.
- Work closely with analysts to provide direction on the production of analyses with selected investment criteria.
- Lead due diligence work in an autonomous, rigorous and thorough manner, calling on appropriate internal and/or external resources.
- Prepare and recommend files to the Investment Committee independently (filtering, positioning documents and executive summary).
- Produce, in collaboration with analysts, the documentation required for portfolio files (synopsis sheets, financial and valuation models, internal risk ratings, etc.).
- Develop and maintain a network of key contacts to position CDPQ as an investor of choice and to collect useful market intelligence for the team.
- Regularly share your own knowledge and experience with your team and the Fixed Income teams to continuously improve the quality of transactions executed.
- Collaborate on a cross-functional basis with other CDPQ teams (Private Equity, Research, Risk, Legal, etc.).
- More than twelve (12) years' experience in private debt markets, preferably within a large specialized institution or firm with an international scope.
- Advanced knowledge of corporate credit.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or a related discipline.
- CFA, CAIA, FRM designations considered an asset
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Fluency in French and English, both spoken and written
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (debates of ideas)
- Business development
- Strategic thinking
- Excellent business judgment;
- Ability to conduct rigorous analyses and summarize information
- Negotiation skills
- Autonomy and initiative
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.