See job description for details
CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and bet environmental practices
*The position level may vary depending on the selected person's qualifications
Reporting to the Senior Portfolio Director- Financial Analysis and Portfolio Management, the incumbent contributes to the performance and risk management of the team's portfolio by implementing the various stages of financial and sector analysis and by playing an active role in the rigorous monitoring of investments. The incumbent also contributes to managing the team's investment opportunities in private debt, as well as to improving the department's performance by promoting collaboration and teamwork. Main responsibilities
- Perform research and fundamental analysis on assigned companies and sectors, with a focus on direct industry, leadership quality and strategy, competitive positioning, business model soundness and value creation capacity, growth potential, corporate risk and so forth;
- Produce the required reports on designated companies and the portfolio as a whole (company reviews, financial and valuation models, internal risk ratings, sector-based presentations, etc.);
- Track the quarterly and annual financial performance of assigned companies;
- Work with fellow team members to pre-emptively predict potential crisis situations involving assigned investments;
- Participate actively in investment due diligence;
- Prepare investment recommendations and present to decision-making bodies;
- Review and analyze legal documentation related to investments (letters of offer, credit agreements, prospectuses and other credit-related documents);
- Develop efficient analysis, research and monitoring systems;
- Foster ties with key stakeholders in the sector and make an informed judgment about long-term industry conditions;
- Offer to help other members of the team in order to achieve the desired results;
- Collaborate with other teams of La Caisse (Private equity, Research, Risk, Legal);
- Carry out other related tasks as requested by the team leader.
- 7 or more years of experience in fundamental business analysis;
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in business administration, with a major in finance, accounting or a related discipline;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration;
- CFA and/or FRM enrollment or completion an asset;
- Working knowledge of electronic tools and databases used in financial markets (Office suite, Bloomberg, Capital IQ);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French;
- Knowledge of the corporate credit market, corporate financing and the investment industry an asset.
- Self-motivation and initiative;
- Intellectual curiosity;
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and deductive skills;
- Concern for rigour and quality;
- Business development;
- Team mindset;
- Ability to effectively manage stress and multiple priorities;
- Committed, dynamic and proactive;
- Solid communication skills.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.