CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and best environmental practices
Reporting to the Director, Finance Partner, Financial Performance, the successful candidate will have CDPQ investment sectors as clients. In this regard, the Senior Advisor will be responsible for budget reporting to serve these sectors. The objective will be to equip and support certain key quantitative and qualitative budgetary and analytical processes in order to provide advice to the sectors served.
The successful candidate will use a variety of analytical tools and, to this end, will seek to continuously innovate in order to optimize the team's various processes.
The Senior Advisor will be supported by a team of controllers responsible for preparing recurring analyses, among other things. Primary responsibilities:
- Actively cooperate in the budget preparation process for CDPQ's investment sectors
- Establish key performance indicators and periodic monitoring processes to foster the achievement of sector objectives
- Regularly provide financial forecasts, budgets, reports and KPIs to cost centre and investment sector managers
- Stimulate innovation and establish best practices to improve report quality and team monitoring of stakeholders
- Promote continuous improvement and process standardization within the team in order to standardize deliverables
- Help develop analytical tools and techniques to help management in business decision making within the budget envelope
- In collaboration with the Advisor, Financial Performance, regularly communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders in the investment sectors (VPs, HR Partners, etc.) on preparing and/or monitoring performance
- Supervise the production of monthly and quarterly budget follow-ups by analyzing budget variances by budget item and cost centre, and by justifying the variances
- Participate in quarterly presentations to cost centre managers as required
- Actively help develop and improve the team's business and reporting processes
- Take part in the implementation of technological tools and promote developments in the technological environment
- Carry out all other related tasks assigned by the immediate superior
- CPA designation
- CFA designation is an asset
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in financial performance (FP&A)
- Knowledge of financial processes and investment sectors (an asset)
- Excellent knowledge of French and English (spoken and written)
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and an excellent understanding of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of analytical tools (e.g.: Tableau, PowerBI, Tagetik or other budgeting software)
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation
- Ability to influence various stakeholders in a matrix environment
- Ability to work on a team and create strong interpersonal relationships
- Autonomy, initiative, leadership and team spirit
- Sense of priorities and ability to manage several files simultaneously
- Ability to solve complex problems by proposing continuous improvement solutions adapted to the various stakeholders
- Comfortable in a context of continuous change and development, including an evolving technological environment
- Marked interest for automation solutions and technological tools with an emphasis on continuous improvement
- Ability to analyze and synthesize: ability to delve into details while remaining concentrated on higher-level objectives
- Ability to explain and communicate information
- Impeccable work ethics and professional discretion
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees. Please inform us if your current condition requires an accommodation during therecruiting process.
CDPQ represents la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and its subsidiaries.