CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and best environmental practices
This job is in Espace CDPQ subsidiary.
Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent plays a key role in raising EspaceCDPQ's profile and managing strategic initiatives. The successful candidate must have excellent leadership and organizational skills, as well as a strategic focus that can be utilized in an executive advisory capacity. They will plan and prioritize critical initiatives and projects that will be leveraged by senior executives to make impactful decisions. Main responsibilities
Planning and team management:
- Work with the General Manager to develop plans for EspaceCDPQ and support executives in preparing documentation for key stakeholders.
- Manage a team of professionals :
- Encourage employees to take full ownership of the projects and tasks assigned to them.
- Identify development opportunities for employees on an ongoing basis to ensure they thrive within the organization .
Initiatives, outreach and partnerships:
- Spearhead the creation and implementation of various initiatives and oversee the corresponding internal and external communications strategies, ensuring they align with the organization's overall objectives.
- Develop and/or attract new projects, partnerships and events, based on market trends, internal stakeholders' initiatives, partners' needs and/or opportunities related to innovative entrepreneurship.
- Monitor KPIs, measure impacts and analyze results through a continuous improvement lens.
- Seek out avenues for collaboration and maintain good working relationships with EspaceCDPQ's business partners and other ecosystem players.
- Work with others to develop content and produce various materials, including presentation documents, speakers' notes, addresses, PowerPoint slideshows and press releases.
- Support the organization and the team in carrying out other related tasks, as dictated by business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (business administration, communications or a similar field).
- Experience working in venture capital, financing or entrepreneurship.
- Seven to ten years of experience in project management, communications, marketing or business development.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and French; superior writing skills.
- Strong interest in content of an economic or financial nature.
- Solid grasp of budgeting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with partners and associates.
- Keen sense of resourcefulness, leadership and initiative.
- Genuine curiosity about entrepreneurship, financing and venture capital.
- Team player with a collaborative mindset.
At EspaceCDPQ, you'll work alongside:
...and that's just the tip of the iceberg! About Espace CDPQ
Created by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), EspaceCDPQ brings together partners dedicated to accelerating the growth and globalization of innovative Québec companies. As a venture capital hub in Québec, EspaceCDPQ serves to strengthen the maturity, expertise and capacities of the innovation financing industry to increase its drive and vitality. Together, EspaceCDPQ's venture capital firm partners represent $8.6billion in capital under management and a network of over 690companies of all sizes and from all sectors. For more information, visit espacecdpq.com , follow us on Twitter @espacecdpq or visit our Facebook or LinkedIn pages.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted .
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women , visible and ethnic minorities , aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply . CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees . Please inform us if your current condition requires an accommodation during the recruiting process.
Studies show that women and members of traditionally underrepresented groups tend to apply for a position only when they meet all the requirements .
If you are motivated by this opportunity , but don't meet all the requirements , contact us anyway!
CDPQ represents la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and its subsidiaries .