CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and best environmental practices
Job Description Job Description
Working closely with the Managing Director, Portfolio Management, Equity Markets, the successful candidate will be responsible for launching and actively managing a Global Equities portfolio. This new diversified mandate aims to offer depositors exposure to the quality style while generating above target returns. The portfolio will be financed with existing CDPQ assets and has a targeted initial size of over $3billion.
The mandate's investment process will be fundamentally driven and will adequately use complementary quantitative inputs in generating ideas and for portfolio construction. The successful candidate will benefit from the perspectives and convictions of a Global Investment Research team made up of over 40 professionals and analysts. Market context and macroeconomic conditions will influence securities selection and portfolio composition.
- Participate in implementing a rigorous investment process that will guide all the mandate's activities as a complement to our other mandates.
- Select investments, monitor securities in the portfolio and manage mandate performance.
- Align the mandate's active risk with investment convictions while keeping within pre-set parameters.
- Lead dynamic portfolio rebalancing.
- Keep abreast of global and secular trends in investment strategies in securities markets.
- Integrate ESG principles in line with CDPQ's objectives and policies.
- Contribute to a climate of openness and collaboration with the other members of the Equity Markets team (the Global Investment Research team and other managers) in order to stimulate debate and ultimately, improve decision making, while contributing to the professional development of analysts.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, economics or a related discipline
- Five to ten years of experience in managing a global equities portfolio
- CFA, FRM and/or a graduate diploma is an asset
- Track record of portfolio management focused on quality and the long term
- Sound business judgment supported by the ability to analyze and summarize
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to develop, defend and execute ideas beyond the prevailing consensus
- Strong team player
- Ability to consider advice from others
- Ability to seek the best solutions for the organization
- Ability to clearly express thoughts and defend a position in a structured, precise and concise manner
- Detailed understanding of many investment sectors in global stock markets as well as the key companies found within them
- Ability to identify and manage the key risk factors to which the portfolio is exposed
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships
- A passionate investor
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted .
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women , visible and ethnic minorities , aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply . CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees . Please inform us if your current condition requires an accommodation during the recruiting process.
Studies show that women and members of traditionally underrepresented groups tend to apply for a position only when they meet all the requirements .
If you are motivated by this opportunity , but don't meet all the requirements , contact us anyway!
CDPQ represents la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and its subsidiaries .