CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and best environmental practices
This job is in CDPQ Fixed Income subsidiary.
The successful candidate will support the Infrastructure Financing team in achieving its business objectives by creating and maintaining relationships with stakeholders in infrastructure and energy investments.
The Infrastructure Financing team finances, through senior or junior debt, major infrastructure projects around the world, including highways, renewables projects, social infrastructure and telecommunications projects.
Transactional expertise in private equity, infrastructure or investment banking is a priority for this position. Through business development, the successful candidate will execute quality transactions based on selected risk-return criteria while increasing returns of the investment portfolio under his responsibility and promoting collaboration and teamwork. Main responsibilities
- Develop business opportunities that may be of interest to CDPQ through a good business network and adopt innovative and proactive approaches.
- Coordinate, structure and execute the transaction package, negotiation, implementation and monitoring to comply with CDPQ standards and instructions.
- Carry out project research and fundamental analysis; examine business model quality and its capacity to create value, as well as project risks.
- Prepare and recommend files to CDPQ's investment and risk management committees on an independent basis.
- Produce the required documentation regarding CDPQ's files and portfolio (synopsis sheets, financial and valuation models, internal risk ratings, sectoral reports).
- Monitor the evolution of the financial results of CDPQ's investments in the portfolio.
- Work on a cross-functional basis with other teams at CDPQ (Infrastructure, Private Equity, Equity Markets, Risk Management, Legal).
- Carry out all other related tasks requested by the immediate superior.
- At least ten (10) years of infrastructure sector experience in private credit or equity; the candidate should have a list of tangible, completed infrastructure transactions
- Graduate degree and the CPA, CA or CFA designation are assets
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration
- Experience in negotiating and structuring private investment files
- Possess a solid network of contacts in the business world and among financial intermediaries
- Experience with responsibility for the complete transaction cycle: identification, prospection, evaluation, transaction, investment management
- Knowledge of risk management
- Proficiency in English and French, both spoken and written
- Negotiation skills and recognized ability to conclude transactions
- Innovative ability for business development
- Team player
- Autonomy and sense of initiative
- Analytical mind for markets
- Extremely rigorous
- Strategic vision
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees. Please inform us if your current condition requires an accommodation during therecruiting process.
CDPQ represents la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and its subsidiaries.