CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and best environmental practices
*The position level could change depending on the profiles received.
As part of the Global Research team and reporting to the Senior Director, Consumer, the incumbent will leverage their analysis of companies operating in their sector to develop long-term investment recommendations for the Equity Markets portfolios across global style mandates (Quality, Growth, Innovation and Value) and geographic mandates (Canada, Growth Markets).
- Generate new investment ideas in collaboration with the portfolio managers for all Equity Markets mandates;
- Develop theses, make investment recommendations and influence portfolio managers;
- Act as the CDPQ point of contact for companies under their authority;
- Establish close ties with key players in the sector and form a sound opinion on the long-term conditions of the industry;
- Ensure rigorous follow-up of the portfolio securities under their authority and make recommendations on managing the position;
- Exercise strategic perspective in proposing sectoral ideas;
- Help transmit the industry's best management practices to CDPQ internal management teams;
- Participate in the CDPQ Research team's and/or cross-functional projects.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant research experience, all or part in the consumer sector;
- University degree (graduate degree preferred). CFA and/or CPA designation is an asset;
- Excellent understanding of liquid market dynamics;
- Good knowledge of the computer tools and databases used in the financial market (Office Suite, Bloomberg, etc.);
- Familiarity with advanced analytics tools and programming (e.g. Python) is an asset;
- Bilingual in French and English(spoken and written)
- Critical thinking, analytical and summarizing skills
- Diligence, quality-focused and intellectual curiosity;
- Collaborative spirit and team player;
- Organizational and prioritization skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees. Please inform us if your current condition requires an accommodation during therecruiting process.