CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and best environmental practices
Reporting to the Director, Investment, the successful candidate will contribute to the performance of the Québec Small Caps portfolio by conducting financial and sectoral analyses, identifying investment opportunities with high potential, completing quality transactions and rigorously monitoring portfolio investments following established risk and return criteria. Main responsibilities
- Conducting fundamental research and analysis of companies on: the industry, the quality of executives and their strategies, the competitive position, the quality of the economic model and the ability to generate value from it, growth potential and potential risks, etc;
- Establish close ties with key actors in the sector;
- Develop a considered option on companies analyzed in order to recommend the purchase or sale of securities;
- Produce required documentation on companies and the portfolio;
- Monitor changes in the financial results (quarterly and annual) of companies assigned and motor industries associated with the securities in the portfolio;
- Participating in the development of effective analysis and equity rating systems;
- Offer assistance to other team members to achieve expected results;
- Occasionally collaborate on negotiated private equity investment transactions;
- Carry out all other related tasks requested by the immediate superior.
- Undergraduate degree in the financial field or equivalent; master's degree is an asset;
- At least one to three years' experience in a similar role;
- Experience analyzing stocks is an asset;
- CFA chartherholder is an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of finance and accounting concepts;
- Excellent proficiency of English and French, both spoken and written;
- Deep understanding of spreadsheet software;
- Strong knowledge of equity markets and the investment field.
- Ability to think critically, analyze and summarize;
- Availability and flexibility;
- Organization skills;
- Independence and initiative;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees. Please inform us if your current condition requires an accommodation during therecruiting process.
CDPQ represents la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and its subsidiaries.