See job description for details
CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and bet environmental practices
CDPQ seeks to extract more intelligence from data as a way to better support its investment decisions. To this end, a multidisciplinary team has been formed that brings together financial, quantitative and technological skills. To complete the team, we are looking for someone with a background in quantitative finance, as well as good knowledge of financial data, algorithms and best practices so that we can put the data to use.
The challenge will be to enrich CDPQ's data environment and develop increasingly sophisticated analyses to support the investment units in their decision making and investment monitoring. You will benefit from a data-rich environment and rapidly developing data processing capabilities.
Reporting to the Director, Cross-functional Analytical Services, the analyst will work in agile mode within a multidisciplinary squad. The role will involve working in collaboration with the team's various partners in order to develop and enrich the data environment. The analyst will develop calculation and analysis tools to support various Global Research colleagues, thereby helping the investment teams manage CDPQ's various portfolios. The data used range from traditional financial data to alternative data, while the algorithms used span risk analysis models, financial calculations and the mathematical models supporting data validation. The analyst will be someone who can work with other squad members of different backgrounds, developing robust and sustainable analyses. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drawing on one's expertise in data and the algorithms used to process them, help set up and enrich CDPQ's data environment;
- Design, develop and automate, in agile mode, quantitative analyses of the data that will provide relevant information for decision making and investment monitoring;
- Ensure that the analyses developed work appropriately, and address any problems that may arise;
- Define and automate validation checks on the data and the calculation functions;
- Propose innovative solutions to improve the quality and relevance of the information produced;
- Manage the implementation of new functionalities to meet delivery deadlines, and coordinate the involvement of various stakeholders;
- Document and communicate what has been achieved within the team and ensure that knowledge is transferred;
- Observe good practices and meet established development standards;
- Ensure that new developments are consistent in the analytical solution and make the most of what is being done for other investment units;
- Work closely with all the stakeholders.
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., mathematics, statistics, financial engineering, etc.) or an information technology discipline with a marked interest in data engineering and quantitative methods;
- Good knowledge of several programming languages;
- Experience in financial engineering, data analysis and data mining or the application of statistical models;
- Interest in finance, portfolio monitoring and various asset classes.
- Knowledge of financial products and how they are valued;
- Knowledge of financial data sources (Bloomberg, Compustat, Capital IQ, IBES, etc.);
- Knowledge of relational (SQL) and non-relational database management systems;
- Knowledge of how to program in Python;
- Interest in learning new technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities;
- Focus on quality and rigour;
- Communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills;
- Tolerance of ambiguity;
- Team player and commitment.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees.