CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and best environmental practices
Reporting to the Senior Coordinator, Finance and Operations , the incumbent is responsible for the activities of the subsidiaries under their responsibility. They monitor and follow up on accounting entries, prepare financial statements and annual audit files, monitor regulatory requirements, follow up on billing and participate in the budget process. They work closely with the analyst they supervise. They also help roll out technological tools. Main responsibilities
- Prepare financial statements and annual audit files in collaboration with other team members and stakeholders;
- Help produce reports and regulatory requirements with internal and external partners;
- Regularly follow up on various collaborators to ensure work progress;
- Review and/or prepare journal entries, produce inter-company invoices and external invoices, and record deposits and certain disbursements;
- Monitor cash to maintain sufficient balances and ensure that bank accounts are reconciled;
- Check accruals and prepaid expenses;
- Apply the appropriate accounting treatments;
- Propose solutions to optimize work methods and ensure that changes are integrated;
- Help implement IT systems/tools in the context of an evolving technological environment;
- Participate in any other tasks.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting;
- Accounting designation (CPA or equivalent);
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in a similar role;
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and a good understanding of Microsoft Office;
- Assets: Experience working as an external auditor or with auditors on audits of major international companies and experience preparing or checking tax returns;
- Fluency in written and spoken French;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English*.
* Frequent oral and/or written interactions with CDPQ employees in one of its nine international offices. Skills
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment;
- Keen interest in automation solutions and technological tools to foster continuous improvement;
- Highly customer service-oriented;
- Strong organizational skills, diligence and attention to detail;
- Ability to work on a team, under pressure and on several projects simultaneously;
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently;
- Analytical skills;
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted .
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women , visible and ethnic minorities , aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply . CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees . Please inform us if your current condition requires an accommodation during the recruiting process.
Studies show that women and members of traditionally underrepresented groups tend to apply for a position only when they meet all the requirements .
If you are motivated by this opportunity , but don't meet all the requirements , contact us anyway!
CDPQ represents la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and its subsidiaries .