CDPQ is you!
/ Carry out projects with potential returns and economic benefits for Quebecers
/ Collaborate on dynamic teams with high-level professionals committed to shared objectives
/ Take on stimulating challenges that reflect your abilities and talent
/ Pursue your professional development in an inspiring workplace, with state-of-the-art technology and best environmental practices
*The level of the position may vary depending on the profile of the selected candidate.
We're looking for a financial accounting professional with leadership skills to advise on work and business projects as part of a dynamic, innovative team facing interesting challenges and transitioning towards the digital age of the future.
As a member of the Financial Disclosure team at CDPQ, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the team's analytical culture through your intellectual curiosity and support the Finance department through value-added financial analysis. This role will prepare you for jobs of the future in financial accounting.
Reporting to the Director, Financial Disclosure - Accounting, the incumbent plays a key role in the analysis and preparation of financial disclosure. Main responsibilities
- Participate in the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements, financial controls and detailed analyses including the analytical review of specialized portfolios and investment subsidiaries with a view to producing information for our depositors, management, regulatory and tax purposes.
- Actively participate in the analysis of unusual and/or complex financial transactions and new financial products to ensure the quality of financial information through accounting in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Prepare financial reports, highlights, and strategic ad hoc financial analyses as requested by partners and/or management.
- Help prepare and validate financial information for the CDPQ annual report.
- Propose and implement innovative solutions to the challenges of business growth and the creation of complex investment structures through operational process optimization and financial accounting initiatives.
- Contribute to the efficient and optimal use of financial management systems and technological tools for production and the detailed analysis of the various entities.
- Act as a resource person for various stakeholders by liaising and networking with them and making recommendations for continuous improvement to the various sectors.
- Actively participate in building an agile and analytics-driven culture.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- CPA or CFA designation
- Between three and sevenyears of experience in the financial services field (or equivalent)
- Comfortable with computer systems, technology and data mining
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel applications
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS accounting standards
- Knowledge of Power BI, SQL and/or Python; an asset
- Excellent command of French and good English (spoken and written)
- Leadership, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Multidisciplinary collaboration and team spirit
- Intellectual curiosity and initiative
- Accountability and priority management
- Critical thinking and tolerance for ambiguity
- Ability to summarize and explain clearly
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CDPQ wants to offer equal employment opportunities to everyone . It encourages women, visible and ethnic minorities, aboriginal people and people with disabilities to apply. CDPQ is also committed to further incorporating diversity into the organization and making it a source of enrichment and pride for all its employees. Please inform us if your current condition requires an accommodation during therecruiting process.
CDPQ represents la Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and its subsidiaries.