Product Manager, Executive Director
Company & Team - "About Us"
IHS Markit provides industry-leading data, software & technology platforms and managed services to tackle some of the most difficult challenges in financial markets. We help our customers better understand complicated markets, reduce risk, operate more efficiently and comply with financial regulation. Our services benefit the entire financial enterprise, from traders, portfolio managers, risk managers, compliance officers and operations teams to regulators and many others.
The Internal Business Applications manages the technology used with the finance group, which are used internally within the function and across the entire firm.
We are looking for a Product Manager Executive Director to support our internal reporting application that is used across the entire firm. This is a hands-on and influential position with the ability to have a real impact across a multi-billion-dollar firm, thousands of employees, and some of the broadest and most varied set of businesses and product offerings. The Product Owner develops and communicates the product's vision to be fulfilled by internal technical teams. The Product Owner represents the voice of stakeholders by maintaining and prioritizing a product backlog to ensure that development teams are working on stories that maximize business value and meet defined success criteria. Duties and Responsibilities - "Your Role"
Job Requirements - "About You"
- Collaborate with stakeholders (clients, business partners, development teams) to ensure goals are clear and aligned to business objectives
- Provide vision and serve as a champion of customer perspectives to the scrum team
- Translate business and technical requirements into clear user stories for scrum teams to implement
- Plan, prioritize, and maintain a healthy product backlog that delivers maximum value for the customer while adhering to company strategy
- Participate in the scrum ceremonies, evaluate project/product progress, and communicate status & risks appropriately
- Drive project/product success by delivering client satisfaction by the deadline within the allocated budget
- Distributes business intelligence solutions
- Partners with key stakeholders and business leadership, process specialists, and users to elicit and document business requirements
- Partners with business teams to define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports
- Designs, develops, and maintains reports, dashboards, and analytical tools
- Translates data results into written reports, tables, graphs, and charts to convey information to management
- Creates written communication materials that effectively summarize findings and support recommendations
- Teaches and advocates the use of business intelligence tools across levels of the l support for existing reports, dashboards, or other tools
- Identifies and analyses errors and inconsistencies in the data and provides timely resolutions
- Oversee and sign off on the functional specs
Job Benefits - "What we offer"
- Outstanding communication, presentation, leadership, and relationship building skills
- Experience in Scrum and Agile
- Product Owner experience working in SAAS environment
- Proven problem-solving and analytic skills
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret business and technical needs and translate them into themes, epics and user stories
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience using data to drive business decisions
- Experience in business analytics and project management
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Cash incentive plan and equity award
- Options to work from home
- Flexible working hours to allow you to attend your family
- Opportunity to work with world experts in the field
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.