Entry-level Solutions Architect Position Overview
Cognizant's Insurance practice is one of the largest industry verticals that partners with insurers to evolve their business and technology landscape and enable end-to-end digital transformation. Thirty-three of the top 50 U.S. insurers and 7 of the top 10 global insurers rely on us to help manage their technology portfolio across multiple business entities and geographies. We serve the entire range of lines of business within life, annuities, and property and casualty insurance.
Our consulting-led approach, deep domain expertise and partner ecosystem enable clients to address the dual mandate of "optimizing the business" while "driving digital at scale." From large-scale core system transformation to adoption of cutting-edge technologies like artificial intelligence, analytics, blockchain, automation and machine learning, we partner with insurers to envision and build the digital insurer of the future.
The Entry-Level Solutions Architect will work closely with senior architects, project managers, and business stakeholders to design and implement technology solutions that meet the needs of the organization. The role requires the ability to analyze and translate business requirements into technical specifications and develop comprehensive solutions that align with the company's objectives.
- Learn and collaborate with senior architects to design and implement technology solutions that meet business requirements. \t
- Analyze business requirements and work with senior architects to translate them into technical specifications. \t
- Develop solution designs that meet business requirements and align with technology standards \t
- Assist in evaluating and recommending new technologies, frameworks, and tools that can be used to improve existing solutions. \t
- Work closely with project managers/scrum masters to ensure timely delivery of solutions that meet business objectives. \t
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including solution designs, architecture diagrams, and technical specifications. \t
- Provide technical guidance and support to development teams throughout the development lifecycle. \t
- Collaborate with testing teams to ensure that solutions are thoroughly tested and meet quality standards. \t
- Participate in solution design reviews and code reviews to ensure that solutions are robust and maintainable. \t
- Keep up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends to ensure that solutions are innovative and future-proof.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. \t
- Some experience in solution architecture, software engineering, or related field is preferred but not required. \t
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks, such as TOGAF or Zachman is a plus. \t
- Familiarity with software design patterns, data patterns, and database design. \t
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. \t
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. \t
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. \t
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, such as AWS or Azure, is a plus. \t
- Knowledge of Insurance software solution such as Guidewire or Duck Creek, is a plus.
New hires will be deployed to the Cognizant office in Halifax, Nova Scotia
where you will work alongside other experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions. Applicants must be willing to relocate to this major geographic area. While we will attempt to honor candidate location preferences, business need and position availability will determine final location assignment.
New hires will start in August 2023
. Exact start dates will be communicated with enough time for you to plan effectively.
Why Choose Us?
Cognizant delivers solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of our associates. You will be supported by high-caliber experts and employ some of the most advanced and patented capabilities. Our associate's diverse backgrounds offer varied perspectives and fuel new ways of thinking. We encourage lively discussions which inspire better results for our clients.
If you're comfortable with ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you.
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring company sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Apr 27 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.