Pipeline / Railcar Scheduler
This position will provide pipeline and railcar NGLs (C3, C4 & C5) operations and trader support. In this role, you will co-ordinate all aspects of the post-deal trading activity to ensure contract execution runs smoothly. You will provide commercial/market information to the trader as necessary.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities:
- Ability to interpret the operational requirements of each contract, review and comment on operational aspects of same if requested. Understands the basic legal framework supporting oil pipeline contracts
- Good understanding of common pipelines operations and terminology. Preferable with Colonial, Explorer, Buckeye, Laurel, Magellan and/or Teppco
- Ability to ensure satisfactory commercial operation of pipelines with minimal supervision
- Experience in caverns storage inventory control and logistics
- Experience in railcars and trucks scheduling, economics and logistics
- Basic understanding of relevant petroleum product specifications
- Experience scheduling terminals and rack dispatch
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced high-pressure environment
- Execute daily operational activities
- Schedule movements via pipelines/railcars distribution channels through use of propriety and third party scheduling systems. Ensure relevant data is captured accurately and recorded timely.
- Ensure batches, book-outs, purchase, sale, line space deals and exchange contracts are fulfilled accordingly to contract terms
- Monitor, reconcile, and validate gains/losses/tariffs across each pipeline cycle and ensure proper settlement procedures are followed
- Confirm accurate inventory positions each month for all NGLs and properly model volumes in the system of record. Experience with clean products (gasoline, distillates) is an asset
- Liaise/coordinate with Trade Finance, providing them with accurate and timely data needed for issuing of L/C's, P/Us, pre-payments, etc.
- Provide support to the Settlements team to ensure timely invoicing / payment and monitor accounts receivables where applicable.
- Coordinate and communicate with terminal personnel to implement product off lines/delivery plans, sampling and testing of receiving tanks if required
- Coordinate logistics of railcars, pipelines and trucks deliveries.
- Ensuring in-house inventory and scheduling system are updated regularly and at all times, reflects the latest information available and exceptions are kept to a minimum
- Monitor and advise deals desk of all costs related with each transaction (P&L awareness)
- Establish and/or maintain good working relationships with contractual operations counterparts / third party service providers on a regular basis.
- Support with training junior team members to develop and increase knowledge / commercial awareness
- Follow strictly internal procedures and company's policies. Adhere to Trafigura's Code of Conduct / HSEC Policy and Business Principles
- Identify and escalate operational issues to Manager seeking guidance as appropriate
- Experience in scheduling pipeline to supply truck racks throughout the US, coordinating inventory and pricing is an asset.
Key Relationships and Department Overview:
- Internal and external stakeholder