Operations Manager - Networking
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Operations Manager - NetworkingAmazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a highly motivated manager who is passionate about people, operations and technology. Someone who wants work with and learn one of the fastest growing Cloud platforms in the world and deliver extraordinary customer experience.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
As Operations Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management, development, coaching and engagement of highly skilled and deep technical support engineers who are focused on delivering an extraordinary customer experience in every interaction. You will be part of the Support team based in Sydney working with customers from all over the world. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges whilst you:
• Drive customer experience and operational excellence improvements across the Networking support team
• Hire, Develop and Inspire a team of technical specialists.
• Work closely with peers to drive initiatives and outcomes at the site, regional and global level.
• Leverage day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
The ideal candidate will look like this….
Enjoy being a really great people manager. Building, motivating and mentoring a world-class support engineering team is the most important part of this role. You should have a proven track record in recruiting and retaining top talent and excel in day-to-day people and performance management tasks.
Have a strong understanding of Databases Systems, Linux or Windows. The ideal candidate will have past experience working with a software development and/or infrastructure team. You will also have good understanding of Networking systems, Linux and/or Windows platforms. You will enjoy keeping your technical skills reasonably current, to the point that you can still contribute to architecture and troubleshooting discussions.
Have strong project & product management experience. The successful candidate will feel comfortable defining the priorities for a infrastructure engineering team. This will involve working on new and existing projects and being able to coach and mentor others through the lifecycle of a project.
Know how to run a tight, lean, efficient operation. The right candidate will want to measure everything and be very data driven. He/she will excel at using metrics, monitoring and alarming to measure and improve the operational processes and performance of their team.
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "We Pioneer". The right candidate will love what they do, innovate, inspire and most importantly instinctively know how to make work fun.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 4+ years of experience managing teams in relevant technical operations environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
• The right person will be highly technical, analytical and will have strong focus on operational excellence.
• Strong business, operations and technical vision. Have been successful working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions
• Experience managing IT environments on behalf of customers.
• The Amazon Web Services business requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a track record of achieving that balance.
• Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings when required)
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status