Financial Accounting/Regulatory Reporting VP (CPA required)
SUMMARY: The Financial Accounting/Regulatory Reporting VP will provide accurate financial information to bank senior management, the Tokyo Head Office, other departments, regulators and auditors. The VP will also need to ensure that proper controls are in place in the Bank’s financial accounting and regulatory reporting
The Financial Accounting/Regulatory Reporting VP will provide accurate financial information to bank senior management, the Tokyo Head Office, other departments, regulators and auditors. The VP will also need to ensure that proper controls are in place in the Bank’s financial accounting and regulatory reporting operations, in accordance with Japanese GAAP, USGAAP, regulatory reporting requirements and Head Office & New York local policies & procedures. The types of regulatory reports that the VP will be responsible for include the FFIEC-002, FFIEC-019, FR2900, TIC Reports, and others.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Core Responsibilities
- Prepare and review daily, weekly and monthly financial statements and regulatory reports, meeting materials and quarterly Head Office reporting.
- Perform and review daily, weekly & monthly monitoring, reconciliations and reporting to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the record.
- Perform quality control activities to enhance the accuracy and completeness of the records, reports and statements.
- Prepare recurring and ad-hoc reports, forms and schedules to provide management, regulators and other stakeholders with accurate financial information.
- Responds to requests and requirements from Head Office, holding companies, auditors and regulators and establishes necessary operations to comply with the requirements.
- Research regulatory reporting requirements, accounting standards and accounting treatment of existing/new products and transactions.
- Review and update existing policies and procedures and create new policies and procedures as needed.
- Provide support for system enhancement or business project as needed.
- Provide back-up support to other members of the Accounting Unit as needed.
- Establish and enhance internal processes to ensure compliance with Japanese GAAP, US GAAP, regulatory reporting requirements and Head Office established accounting policies and procedures
- Establish and enhance internal controls to ensure the accuracy and completeness of accounting records and regulatory reporting for the bank.
- Handle new products and any ad-hoc matters from a financial accounting and regulatory reporting perspective
- Lead system enhancement projects and business projects from a financial accounting and regulatory reporting perspective
- Provide other ACU members with guidance regarding accounting standards, regulatory reporting requirements, policies and procedures, and overall best practices
- Provide other departments and Mizuho entities with guidance regarding financial accounting, regulatory reporting and internal control.
- Assist senior management in the allocation of resources , including efficient assignment of tasks and responsibilities among team members.
2) Other Responsibilities
- Monitor each assigned task to ensure that deadlines are strictly observed
- Confirm accuracy of any reports, forms, schedules and materials before submission to reviewers
- Understand the meaning and background of figures and variances and maintain data or documents to support such figures and variances
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards and regulatory reporting for financial institutions
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of the bank’s business operations and operational workflows
3) Technical and Other Skills Required
- MS-Excel (Advanced), MS-Word (Advanced), MS-Access (Intermediate) and MS-PowerPoint (Intermediate)
- Generating, understanding and analyzing journal entries
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
- At least 7 years of experience in financial accounting, regulatory reporting or equivalent
- At least 6 years of experience in financial industry is preferable
- Prior management experience preferred
- Experience in accounting system implementation preferred
- Extensive knowledge of financial products (e.g., loans, deposits, securities, derivatives, money market products and repo).
- CPA required
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution that offers clients award-winning strategic and creative solutions in corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. We have experts in offices throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil and Chile. Our operations in the Americas connect our broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector entities to local markets and the vast global network of our parent company—Mizuho Financial Group.
Mizuho Financial Group is one of the largest financial institutions in the world, offering comprehensive financial and strategic services including private banking and venture capital through its subsidiaries. Based in Japan, the group has over 56,000 professionals working in 920 offices in nearly 40 countries throughout Asia, EMEA, and the Americas. As of March 31, 2016 its total assets were $1.8 trillion.