Equities Product Control Accountant
- $75,000 + bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Garrison Associates, LLC
- 25 Jul 17
2- 5years of overall experience
A Leading Investment Bank in Jersey City, NJ is seeking a full time, permanent, Equities Product Control Accountant with 2-4 years of overall experience. This position is focused on Equities Product control, daily P&L generation, monthly close of certain corporate entities, review, and submission process in conjunction with the annual audit, and various special projects.
- Daily Balance sheet, P&L preparation, reporting and commentary
- Daily Front Office to sub-ledger system reconciliation and analysis.
- Product exposure includes – Equities, Derivatives, Security Finance and Prime Brokerage.
- Responsible for tracking funding activity.
- Daily interaction across multiple support functions: Front Office, Regulatory, Treasury, Operations, Corporate Control, Information Technology.
- Month-end close responsibility, including General Ledger substantiation in accordance with US GAAP.
- Involvement in quarterly disclosure preparation and review process.
- Answer queries from both Internal and External Audit.
- Enhance, automate and streamline work processes.
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Team player with good communication and problem-solving skills.
- Accounting or Business Degree
- 2 to 4 years of relevant professional experience, public accounting preferred.
- MS Office, with strong Excel skills