Director - Global Markets Strategy & Remediation
- Base salary, bonus and benefits.
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- The Forum Group
- 10 Aug 17
US Global Markets Regulatory Strategy & Remediation is a front office team aligned to Global Markets Management and COO, responsible for strategy and execution of various priority initiatives across businesses. The team manages a portfolio of front office change programs which span the Debt and Equities franchise, including the implementation of new regulation, process redesign, and regulatory remediation. This position will support the Head of US Global Markets Regulatory Strategy & Remediation, to drive and implement complex deliverables spanning across asset classes.
• Manage a portfolio of projects and resources to meet regulatory and business requirements, including design and implementation of priority change initiatives across Debt and Equities businesses.
• Drive definition of holistic end-to-end solutions to regulations or strategic change initiatives.
• Negotiate and facilitate agreement of roles and responsibilities across business and control partners to support defined solutions.
• Define deliverables and manage detailed implementation plans required to support solution.
• Manage and oversee internal and external resources as required to meet deliverables.
• Brief leadership team on progress of priority change initiatives and escalate as appropriate, including acting as deputy to the Head of US Global Markets Regulatory Strategy & Remediation.
• Coordinate with subject matter experts and business stakeholders to define and implement projects for relevant rules or regulatory actions.
• Provide leadership and challenge across programs.
• Develop and manage relationships with sponsors and stakeholders across business lines and supporting infrastructure teams.
• Mange projects by driving workstream delivery through full project including leading and facilitating senior governance forums and committees.
• Interact and drive technology and other partners to deliver within timeframes.
• Supports the development of an environment where people management and development is the number one priority. Coaches direct reports and others in the organisation, as appropriate
• Actively supports the business strategy, plans and values, contributing to the achievement of a high performance culture
• Takes ownership for own career management, seeking opportunities for continuous development of personal capability and improved performance contribution
• Acts as a role model for new employees, providing help and support to facilitate early integration and assimilation of their new environment
• Supports tough people decisions to ensure people performance is aligned with organisation imperatives and needs. Addresses individual performance issues, where necessary, to drive for high performance
• Proven track record of large scale change management within a front office environment
• COO/business management and/or management consulting experience
• Experience in one or more Global Markets products in Debt or Equities, primarily Rates, Credit, and FX cash/derivatives, with knowledge of the front-to-back trade lifecycle
• Demonstrated knowledge and expertise with responses to regulators such as on MRA, MRIA or other actions
• Sound understanding of the macro investment banking environment and industry initiatives, particularly around regulation
• In-depth understanding and application of project management methodologies across delivery lifecycle
• Extremely proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Project
• Effective leader and motivator comfortable managing a number of disparate projects from initiation to delivery as well as resources outside of immediate management
• Delivery focused with ability to prioritize multiple assignments and requests, and meet tight deadlines
• Demonstrate thought leadership, innovation, good judgment and problem solving skills
• Adept at synthesizing large amounts of information and providing concise messaging
• Confidence and ability to structure, summarize, present and defend recommendations and outcomes
• Assertive with excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
• Motivated, self-starting - able to initiate projects ensuring appropriate sponsorship, governance, funding and resources are available
• Work well under pressure and always with a professional demeanor
• Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization, with ability to influence and challenge key decision makers, peer groups, internal service providers and functions outside direct control
• Ability to determine and resolve project slippage, scope changes, and prioritize deliverables to ensure critical milestones are met