AVP Risk Management
- Dependent on Experience
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half - US
- 12 Aug 17
Robert Half Financial Services are currently recruiting for an AVP Risk Management role within an International Broker Dealer, based in midtown New York. Our client requires at least 3+ years Risk Management experience within an Investment Bank or Broker Dealer, and knowledge of Derivative products (interest rates and foreign exchange products such as interest & fx swaps, FRAs, options, exotic products, commodity derivatives as well as exchange traded products such as treasury bonds, interest rate futures & options, currency futures, treasury futures & options).
The AVP Risk Management Analyst will participate in various aspects of risk oversight and analysis, with an emphasis on quantitative market risk, credit risk, and liquidity risk issues. The position is on the trading floor and the work environment is fast paced. The person will have direct contact with front office (traders and marketers). Communication of this activity both internally (e.g. by setting risk policies and internal reporting) and externally (particularly to satisfy regulatory requirements) will be a key aspect of this role.
- Conduct independent model validations
- Work closely with Product Control group in analyzing and monitoring market, credit and liquidity risks.
- Work closely with front office to assess trading capability of new products and business strategy.
- Work with front office to establish and review risk appetite framework and business strategy to achieve revenue target and new business growth.
- Assist in developing and implanting model governance framework.
- Understanding and analyzing market, credit and liquidity risk metrics.
- Producing and analyzing daily market risk reports.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Model validation.
- Model risk management and governance.
- Graduate degree in finance, mathematics, engineering, computer science or related quantitative field, or its equivalent. PhDs given preference.
- US Residency or Green Card holder - NO Visa sponsorship available.
- At least 3+ years experience in derivative risk or closely risk-related position, preferably within the capital markets space.
- Knowledge of derivatives and their key risks, particularly interest rate and FX products.
- Knowledge of pricing, risk and capital models.
- Knowledge of risk management framework (e.g. Regulatory Capital, VaR and stress-testing standards, counterparty exposure estimation, liquidity estimation, model assessment and validation, documentation and reporting approaches)
This AVP Risk Management role is located in Midtown New York so please only apply if you are a US citizen/Green Card holder, are able to travel to this location, and have relevant recent experience. The salary is flexible dependent on experience, if your profile matches the above criteria please contact me on **email@example.com**