Assistant Vice President - IHC US Basel III RWA Analyst
- Commensurate with Experience
- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Full time, Permanent
- BNP Paribas
- 11 Aug 17
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe.
~~The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
The Intermediate Holding Company (“IHC”) program structured at the U.S. level across poles of activities of BNP Paribas provides guidance, supports the analysis, impact assessment and drives adjustments of the U.S. platform’s operating model due to the drastic changes introduced by the Enhanced Prudential Standards (“EPS”) for Foreign Banking Organizations (“FBOs”) finalized by the Federal Reserve in February 2014, implementing Section 165 of U.S. Dodd-Frank Act.
The Basel III Work stream focus on US Basel III under standardized approach. The goal of this IHC work stream is to define a target operating model and deploy the systems and processes of computation of Risk Based Capital ratio, in adherence to Group level standards and applicable E.U. regulations, to support the compliance of the U.S. platform (future IHC, applicable legal entities within its scope and U.S. branches and agencies of BNP Paribas) with new U.S. Basel III requirements driven by the implementation of the EPS.
This position has the following responsibilities:
• Maintain a thorough understanding of Basel III capital requirements and regulatory reporting requirements
• Perform duties involved with the preparation of Risk Weighted Assets and Risk Based Capital calculation and reporting for the IHC
• Contribute to development of solid controls and reconciliation process around calculation and reporting of Risk Weighted Assets.
• Participate in reconciliations and ensure the consistency of the exposure between the Accounting and the Risk systems for calculation of Risk Weighted Assets
• Perform analyses and contribute to resolution of reconciliation breaks
• Contribute to the data collection and data source analysis and remediation for Risk Weighted Assets calculation
• Ensure the proper audit trail and the documentation on the Basel III Risk Weighted Assets and Risk Based Capital for the IHC.
• Coordinate with Bank of the West (Retail Banking subsidiaries of the IHC) for production and analyses of the aggregated IHC RWA and IHC RBC ratios, ensure consistent treatments applied across all the IHC entities.
• Contribute to maintenance of the tools and processes for IHC Risk Weighted Assets and Risk Based Capital calculation and reporting
• Participate in future system and process development and enhancements
• Accounting and reporting experiences
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited university in Finance, Economics, etc.
• 3 years + experience in similar type of production position in banks and/or broker-dealers.
• Good knowledge on capital adequacy requirements (Basel, US Basel III)
• Experience on RWA reporting in an investment banking organization or a broker-dealer.
• Proficient in MS Excel (v-lookups pivots, etc.)
• Enthusiastic and a team player
• Strong organizational skills, rigorous and self-disciplined
• Ability to plan and prioritize, escalate when necessary
• Strong analytical skill and control mindset
• Ability to work with various stakeholders to achieve the goals, good communication skill
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail oriented and careful with numbers
• Knowledge of Moody’s Analytical will be a plus
• Not Applicable