- Financial Analyst
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Allstate Insurance
- 24 Jul 17
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As Allstate's largest finance department, Protection Finance works across multiple areas of expertise to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. Using financial acumen, we recommend creative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. In this role, your work will include timely reporting, critical analysis, and essential financial projections as we collaborate with leaders across the corporation to make things happen.
As a Financial Consultant, you will have a variety of tasks to manage every single day. Your day to day workload may vary, and you can expect to exercise the following skills:
- Analyze and communicate financial results for key products, markets, and initiatives
- Develop compelling story lines, deepen client insights, and recommend creative actions that guide strategy and operations
- Formulate financial projections to predict and track performance, diagnose potential issues, and prompt corrective actions
- Ensure Protection Finance’s credibility and reputation of high quality financial measurement, reporting, planning, and consulting
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Isolate key drivers, quantify impacts, and forecast implications to the business recognizing how different data points fit together
- Prepare and help build storylines for financial updates
- Collaborate with business partners to anticipate and identify emerging issues and assist in development and implementation of strategies
- Use analysis to influence and drive action within finance and our business partners by using fact-based, holistic, and forward-looking perspectives
- Develop and lead effective presentations for small groups
- Drive conversations with leadership to understand business implications of current trends
- Inspire trust and confidence in clients through strategic and diplomatic handling of relationships
- At this level, an analyst may be required to train and review the work of other analysts
- 2-5 years of Financial Analysis experience in an Insurance company or Financial Services organization
- Intermediate business knowledge (i.e.; deep financial skills/flow of the numbers) of financial and accounting concepts as well as intermediate analytical and financial model building skills
- Solid work ethic, including ability to follow-up, focus on details, and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement, both personally and with work assignments
- Oral and written communication skills to partner with employees both internal and external to finance as well as interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment
- Effective time management and organization skills with a proven ability to multi-task
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel is required, as well as working knowledge of PowerPoint and Word
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills required of personnel so classified.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on http://jb.al.st/BWGk6 Twitter, http://jb.al.st/BWGka Facebook, http://jb.al.st/BWGlO Instagram and https://www.linkedin.com/company/allstate/careers LinkedIn or watch a http://jb.al.st/BWGpG video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the http://adtrk.tw/7nKLw San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please seethe notice regarding thehttp://adtrk.tw/7nKLw Los Angeles Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.